Chapter 15: Ultron

Y/N's POV

"But it's a trick." Clint said, spinning a drumstick in his hand. We had all somehow gotten onto the topic of Mjolnir, and were now talking about lifting it.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor responded, passing Steve a drink of some kind. I just assumed it was Asgardian.

"'Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Clint said as he tried to mimic Thor while motioning to the hammer. "Whatever, man! It's a trick." I wasn't sure who I agreed with on this. Clint had a good point, but it was also Thor's hammer.

"Please, be my guest." Thor laughed. He motioned to the Mjolnir with his right hand, offering for Clint to try wield the weapon. Barton paused for a moment.

"Cmon, Clint. Let's see if you're worthy." I patted his back, lightly pushing him to his feet. It would be entertaining to watch.

"Oh, this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodey stated. I fully agreed with him too. It would be enjoyable to watch him either prove Thor wrong or prove himself a dumbass.

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked, eliciting laughs from everyone, myself included.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint looked at Thor who gave a quick nod. Clint grabbed the handle of Mjolnir, pulling for a few seconds but to no avail. He released the hammer and laughed. "I still don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony questioned.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint replied. Everyone began agreeing that Tony should go next as the billionaire stood up.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony stated. "It's physics." He approached Mjolnir.

"Physics?" I asked quietly. I'm not enough of a science nerd to see what physics had to do with a magical hammer.

"Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" Tony asked, not hearing my question.

"Yes, of course." Thor confirmed.

"I will be reinstituting prima nocta." Tony informed before grunting as he tried to lift the hammer, eliciting the same result as Barton. He let go of the hammer. "I'll be right back."

We all watched him leave before returning with his gauntlet. He tried again to move the hammer, yet again failing. Then Rhodey got one of his gauntlets, attempting to help lift.

"If they lift it which one becomes ruler of Asgard?" I quizzed, causing Thor to shrug since he knew they weren't gonna lift it either way.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodes asked. The two just looked like idiots. I knew for a fact that hammer wasn't gonna budge.

"Are you on my team?" Tony asked.

"Just represent. Pull." Rhodey ordered.

"Alright, let's go." Tony said. Surprise, surprise, the hammer didn't move.

Next was Bruce, who stood on the table trying to yank Mjolnir up. He was making some sort of yelling or strangled noise, and I wasn't sure if he was turning green or having a heart attack. One way or the other the hammer sat still. Bruce released the handle, shaking his hands in the air as his yell dissipated. We all just stared at his action for a moment, slowly processing what he was doing with smirks. He began to look a little awkward before going back to his seat.