Chapter 79: Wake Up

"What? What do you mean- What are you talking about?" (Y/N)'s head spun to face her in an instant.

"The Infinity Stones, the snap, your creation of this place, your response to those men outside." Wanda listed them off with an accepting stare. It didn't bother her at all. She could see the scene of (Y/N) being told about her death, but she could also see the scene of that woman telling him she was. Either way she wasn't from this universe, and she could tell.

"I- That's not..."

"In your grief and anger you ripped holes in time and space." Wanda lightly caressed his arm, still searching through his mind. "You tore open the multiverse and unintentionally plucked different Avengers from it."

"I don't deserve to have everyone around me drop dead. This is the world that I deserve. That we deserve."

"I'm not your Wanda, and you're not my (Y/N)." Wanda whispered, making him look her in the eyes. "But your Wanda could still be alive."

(Y/N) glared at her as if she was purposely trying to frustrate him with the claim. Now he remembered. This wasn't his Wanda. Because he was alone. A feeling of emptiness began to re-emerge, and Wanda lightly gripped his shoulder in an attempt to wake him from the feeling.

"(Y/N), don't." She could feel the energy of the location starting to become unstable as if it was about to do something. (Y/N)'s eyes filled completely blue as he was about to mess with the anomaly.

"Hey!" A voice hit their ears from behind the couch. Wanda looked over as (Y/N) slowly did the same. His sudden feeling of despair was broken as he saw who it was.

"Carol." (Y/N)'s words seemed like they were going to be distorted, but instead it was calm. His eyes shot back to their regular E/C as Carol looked over the situation in confusion. She'd been told the basics by Monica before she had even gotten to Earth, but it didn't make it any easier to see a man she thought was dead.

"How did you get in here?" He asked in a threatening tone.

"We need you."

"No you don't. Leave me-"

"Wanda is alive and she's in danger." She got straight to the point. (Y/N) froze in my pace, sparing a small glance at the Wanda beside him.

"Go." Wanda told him softly.

A sonic boom shot through New York as the second anomaly dispersed into the skies. Everything that had been trapped inside was finally allowed back to its respective places in the multiverse.

"What are you talking about, Carol?" (Y/N) stood in a bath of curiosity and confusion.

"Hayward is trying to neutralise Wanda because she took your body and he thinks she's a threat." Carol answered, still unsure on how exactly (Y/N) was in front of her if his body was in Westview.

"Hayward said she was dead."

"Hayward is talking bullshit." Carol shrugged like it was common knowledge at this point. (Y/N) clenched his fist, both pissed off and somewhat concerned about how easily he had been lied to and manipulated. He was also trying to kill Wanda? Haha... his living contract was about to expire.

"Why didn't you go help them instead of coming to me?" (Y/N) squinted.

"Because I can't get into her hex. You're the best bet for that."

"I just noticed that your hair actually looks good for once. How'd you change it so quickly?"

Carol's hair was back to its usual length from when they first met. So much better than it was last time he saw her.