Chapter 54: Space Travel

Y/N's POV

"We are fighting dreamers~ Japanese words that I don't understand~ fighting dreamers~ more Japanese that I don't understand." I sang under my breath. I may have told the team that I know Japanese back at the old tower, but in my defence, I never said I could speak it fluently. I can say like 50 words and that's it.

"Not at all distracting, kid."  Tony sighed, continuing to look down at Strange who was suspended in the air and surrounded by needles. Looked fun to me.

"Why do you keep calling me 'kid'? I'm literally in my 20s now." I'd been wondering it for a while, but never really spoke of it because it didn't bother me. It still doesn't, I just want to hear his response.

"Because I can." He answered, making me tilt my head.

"You mean because you still think of me as a son?" I corrected him, seeing through him like a piece of glass.

"Sure, why not? Hell, let's throw Pete in there, too. Why not make everyone my sons." He clearly agreed with me just to make me shut up, but I could tell he meant it deep down. Not just with me, but with Peter, too.

"So, that'd make you think of yourself as our fathers." I casually ignored the wizard in peril below us to go deep into how this would even work. "But, back on Siberia you shot me with a missile... so, would that make you an abusive father or a father who throws hands with his kids to make them stronger..?" I tapped my bottom lip in thought. Tony sighed, standing up properly and turning to me.

"If I said the first one, would you tell the feds?" He joked with a cross of his arms. There was the Tony I know!

"Bitch, please. I ain't no snitch." I waved him off. Taking a step back, I unintentionally bumped into what felt like a life form, causing me to spin around and raise my hand to charge a blast of energy.

"Hey, hey, hey, It's me!" Peter raised his hands, retracting his mask. How the hell did he stay onboard? This man pulled some Harry Houdini type move, yet Houdini was below us being tortured currently.

"Peter, holy shit. Don't do that to me." I bent over from the sheer shock of him just appearing. He seemed quite happy for me to lower my hand and not take a shot at him.

"Kid, what're you doing here?" Tony looked at him like he'd seen a ghost. Clearly he was just as amazed as I was. Though, I was amazed by the fact that Peter was here and also the fact that Strange's cloak was just floating behind Tony at the moment.

The cloak tapped on Tony's shoulder, scaring him and causing him to aim a repulsor at the sentient item. To say it had no face, I'd say the cloak was amused to have scared Tony so easily.

"Good, lord. You are one loyal piece of clothing." Tony turned back to you and Peter. "Alright, boys. We need to get Strange out of there, while not dying to Voldemort." He pointed to Maw. Oh, how I hate that creature. Repeating that same line over and over.

"Alright, dad! What's the plan?" I asked enthusiastically. The word 'dad' just rolled off my tongue because of the way he called us 'boys' and the chat from a minute ago. It was like being back in 2016 again.

"Dad? After the last two years I wouldn't expect you to call me that." Tony shrugged, turning back to think of a plan to rescue Strange. I knew we should be thinking about more serious things, but I couldn't help but continue this conversation.

"It's a joke. Don't be expecting it to become a common name, again." I told him, crouching down to look for the best place to strike Maw. We have the metal wall, the other metal wall, the other metal wall, a fuck more metal walls. Tony's head twisted towards me, deciding to try to for the last laugh from what I could tell.