Chapter 7: New York, My Darling

3rd Person POV

You sat in the corner of the room, seeing Clint with his hands and legs bound to the bed, struggling slightly as he tried to get the sceptre's control out of his mind completely. Natasha was there too, talking to him to try calm him down.

"Clint, you're going to be all right." She stated, watching him continue to struggle, his muscles twitching. Whatever the sceptre did, it still hadn't gone away fully. You didn't have anything else to do at the moment, that was the only reason you were there.

"You know that?" He asked with a quiet chuckle, continuing to look forward and at the wall. "Is that what you know?" He leaned his head back, taking rapid breaths. "I've got no window. I have to flush him out." He mumbled.

"If you're gonna level him out. It's gonna take time." Natasha said, getting up and pouring a drink.

"You don't understand." He mumbled again. "Have you ever had someone take your brain and play?" He took a few breaths. "Pull you out and stuff something else in?" The room went quiet again for a couple seconds. "Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

Natasha was about to respond but was cut off. "For 5 years of my life, yes." You said, your mouth against your knuckles. You were quite familiar with having your brain messed with, and it wasn't fun.

"You know that I do too." Nat said, looking from you to Clint. She looked back at you for just a moment. Just like Tony and Steve she felt bad for you because of your past. Normally you wouldn't be a fan of sympathy from so many people, but when it came to this topic, you certainly weren't gonna push it away.

The room was quiet for a while, Clint taking deep breaths as he calmed down. "Why am I back? How'd you get him out?" He questioned.

"Cognitive recalibration." Nat answered. You didn't have confirmation on what that meant, but you just assumed.

"You kicked his ass?" You raised an eyebrow at her.

"No, his head." She clarified yet it didn't make it any better. Well I suppose she did get him free of Loki, so it's not that bad.

"Well, thanks." Clint said, then looked towards you. "And by the way, who are you?"

You stretched before answering. "Y/N L/N, also known as The Cosmo Wolf." The same hint of pride when stating your name to Tony was still there.

"Never heard of you." He mumbled. The nickname 'Cosmo Wolf' didn't ring any bells, although something about the name seemed familiar.

You gave a fake look of hurt as he denied hearing about you. How could you not know about the great Cosmo Wolf? You thought.

Natasha unlocked his binds, allowing him to get up. "Loki, did he get away?" Clint asked, causing you and Nat to nod.

"I don't suppose you know where?" Natasha asked, but Clint denied ever being told a location. She walked towards the door, looking through the glass to the outside while Clint stood up and began drinking. You were sure that nobody listened to you when you said something.

"If that's a group question, I know where." You piped up, causing Clint to spit a small amount of water out and Natasha to turn around. It caught you off guard to see how quickly she spun to face you. The two looked at you, waiting for you to finish, but before you could the door opened.