Chapter 57: Thanos' Arrival

Link's POV

These floating boat things are so weird. I'm not complaining, because otherwise I'd have to run. But they're weird. Okay, role call. Ryan was stood with me, an odd new metal plating was on his left shoulder. Steve and Natasha were in their own barge. Bruce was in a fucking Hulkbuster suit, which I thought was epic. Rhodey and Sam were flying behind us. And T'Challa and Okoye were on their own boat, too.

"Guys, there are two heat signatures moving from the tree line." Ryan stated. I had to say that his mask was cool. He was totally ripping off Predator, but it was still cool.

The ships slowed to a halt near the barrier around Wakanda. I jumped off, a little front flip to show off as I landed onto the grass. The rest of the forces slid down the barges, sprinting forwards to make a wall of defence.

I grouped up with Steve, standing beside him with Ryan standing way ahead of us all as he scouted what was happening with his different mask settings.

Some separate tribe next to us was chanting something in Xhosa. Their leader shaking hands with T'Challa. Steve began walking forward, motioning for me and T'Challa to come, too.

The three of us walked, passing Ryan who followed after us. There were two aliens again. One was the female from before. The second was one from New York. We all stopped as we reached the barrier. The other two stood on the opposite end, most likely trying to figure out a way to break through.

"Long time no see, madam." Ryan waved a hand at the woman, causing her to scowl.

"Thanos will have that stone." She replied, dragging her blade across the force field.

"Is this because we beat your friend's ass into the ground?" I raised an eyebrow, suddenly hellbent on taunting these creatures.

"You will pay for his life with yours." She spat. Oh, so we got a vanquish on one. Nice.

"You're not going to get the stone." Steve said sternly.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa told her, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Dust is an odd word to use, buddy. I'll respect your choice, though." I said quietly.

"We have blood to spare." The woman threw her hand up into the air, causing the many huge ships behind her to start creaking open. Okay, time to move.

The four of us began moving back up to the others. I gave one last glance at the two leaders, then tilted the other way.

"So, did they surrender?" Natasha looked up at us.

"Don't I wish." I shook my head. It can never be easy. Why end things nicely when you can have a big pointless war? Now we could actually see what had been in those ships, too.

Thousands of feral looking aliens began flooding through the forest. T'Challa began chanting to his warriors, causing them to chant the same back.

"What the hell are they?" Bucky asked in response to the aliens that were now diving into the shield and basically killing themselves.

"I think we pissed her off." Ryan glanced at me as if he expected me to agree. I did... just silently. The creatures continued to try force themselves through the barrier, some of them being cut in half by it.