Chapter 5: Prisoner

3rd Person POV

Loki had been transferred to a 'cell' on the Helicarrier. By 'cell' it was pretty much just a container and a death pit. You sat down next to Nat, pressing your hand down your spine and tail bone which still felt a little painful from earlier. You would've listened to the conversation between Fury and Loki, but decided to sit and listen to music using some headphones that you may or may not have stolen from one of the agents.

You glanced over at Natasha who was watching the live feed. You were single but you weren't actively looking for a relationship. The idea of being with the ex assassin was intriguing, yet not an idea you'd choose if you had a choice. It was a random thing to think about, but at the same time you were 17 so it wasn't that surprising.

Everyone seemed to look up from the footage so you assumed it was time to talk game plan and took off your headphones. As soon as you removed them, you heard something you didn't want to hear.

"He has an army called the Chitauri." Thor stated as he faced the other direction. You could see Steve was visibly uncomfortable at the news. "They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor finished.

"An army? I like those odds." You said with a smirk. On the outside you were cool as the breeze. On the inside you were incredibly anxious at the idea of an army invading the planet.

"From outer space?" Steve asked quietly. You didn't know if the statement wasn't clear enough or if America's righteous man was a dumbass.

"No, from Kansas." You joked, resting your jaw on your hand. You felt a light slap on your arm and turned to see Natasha with a disapproving expression. You quietly laughed before turning back as Bruce began talking.

"He's building another portal. That's what Selvig is for." Bruce said, holding his glasses in one hand.

"Selvig?" Thor questioned. You had no clue who 'Selvig' was, but these guys clearly did.

"He's a friend, an astrophysicist." Bruce stated.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha said, looking a little upset when saying the last part. You took a blind guess at who the 'one of ours' was.

"So he's got a space lover and Robin Hood in his corner. Why should we be so afraid? If he's gonna open a portal, we close it. Case closed." You said, crossing your arms and looking around the room.

"It will not be that easy, mortal." Thor stated as he looked at you. You stared him down once he finished.

"Who are you calling 'mortal'? If that fight continued I would've kicked your ass." You responded. Your ego raising to the surface.

"Didn't he beat you and throw you down before Tony helped?" Bruce questioned, fiddling with his glasses and avoiding eye contact.

"Who told you that?" You asked nervously. Your best bet was either Stark or Rogers. Speaking of Rogers.

"I want to know why Loki let us capture him." Steve said, resting his arm on the table. Steve has a good point still. Anyone with that much power and the goal of bringing an army here, wouldn't just surrender that fast. This was either Antelope Anthony's plan, or he was an idiot.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki." Bruce replied. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him." He added.

"Watch your tongue." Thor intervened. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." Thor stated.