Chapter 8: The Chitauri

3rd Person POV

As the quinjet approached New York, you could all see the giant ass portal in the sky and aliens flying around the city. To say the least it was a bit of a surprise to see, especially for you.

"What's our plan?" Clint asked, keeping his eyes on the invasion currently happening. The whole experience was probably a lot more amazing and surprising to him than it was for you. It's not every day that a god mind controls you and opens a portal.

"Get me to the tower, I'm going after Loki." You said, walking up behind Nat's seat so you could look through the front window better.

"Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Tony called over the comms. He weaved between buildings, some of the Chitauri crashing into them.

The quinjet flew above the road and in between different structures. The gun extending down as the team approached Stark.

As Tony flew past further down the road, Natasha opened fire, shooting down the Chitauri behind him, pulling up and flying to the top of the tower, shooting more aliens on the way. You'd come a long way from being invited into the Avengers Initiative, to fighting space lizards.

Once the jet reached the top of the tower, you could see Loki and Thor fighting on the exterior. You looked to the other platform on the outside, blinking onto it and looking down at the lower one that held the two gods.

Loki lifted the sceptre up, firing a blast of energy at you, then the quinjet. You dodged the shot but the quinjet was hit in it's wing. Nat and Clint began losing control, steering the jet away as it started losing altitude.

You felt a small bit of anger as you watched the quinjet manuver away. Jumping down onto the other platform and retrieving a gun from your side, you shot Loki in his face, stunning him, then grabbing and throwing him at Thor who threw him to the ground.

You put your gun back on your belt as Thor and Loki began fighting again, this time retrieving your sword and getting the jump on Loki. While he was dealing with Thor, you spun the sword in your hand, taking a swipe at his abdomen which surprisingly left a cut.

Loki made a sound of pain, placing a hand on his side before being hit by Thor and sent over you onto his back, dropping the sceptre on the ground.

"What's the point of all this?!" You asked, stepping forward. "You can't rule a world if there's nobody and nothing left to rule." You stated, blue energy starting to release from your hands, covering your body in an almost fire like consistency.

"Brother, stop this madness now!" Thor said as he approached your side. Thor had had enough of Loki's actions, wanting this to end already.

"It cannot be stopped!" Loki stated, standing up. He looked to Thor then you. "Your powers are nothing compared to the Tesseract itself. So why don't you run home and play w-" You cut him off, slashing your sword through his chest which activated an explosion because of the energy that was running through the blade. The explosion itself threw Loki back more than actually hurting him, sending him flying off the tower and towards a group of Chitauri.

You could faintly see him taking one of their bike things, taking off with the others. Damn. You thought, turning to Thor and motioning for him to follow you as you jumped from the building towards where you assumed everyone else was.