Chapter 74: Give Him Back

The vastness of space... a terrifying yet beautiful thing to look out across. A plain of unknown mysteries that we take for granted. Even if it's only the space that surrounds Earth at the moment.

A long sleek metal ship left the planet's atmosphere, its binds of gravity being torn off as it drifted into orbit... searching. And it took them no time to find the package that was being tracked. A cargo door opened up, a blue field being revealed as it separated the vacuum of space and the oxygen filled craft.

A suited up being jump out of the field, a cable leading back inside as they used a rocket pack to steer themselves forwards. The person slowly moved forward as the other ship's members watched from behind safety.

The man bumped into the package, detaching the cord around him and wrapping it onto the box in front of him. He gave a firm tug on the cable to indicate he was ready to be reeled back, and the fellow crew members began winching him back, along with their prize.

As the man came back through the blue field, both him and the crate dropped down onto the metal floor, eliciting a small cheer from the rest of the team.

"Is that it?" A man asked as the man who had gone out into the vacuum removed his helmet. With a proud smirk, he placed a hand on his ear communicator.

"Mr. Hayward. We have the body."

8 Days Later

Sword Headquarters was fairly quiet for most of the day. Sure, you had a few people running around the place making a bit of a ruckus, but it never lasted too long. Those working at the desk just saw it as another normal day.

The doors to the facility were swung open at an alarming speed. The heads of everyone spun to see what was happening, and the desk workers look up in confusion and fear at the sudden sight.

Wanda strode through the doors with a face that showed she was none too pleased with something. Everyone in entrance seemed to slowly go back to what they were doing as they didn't see Wanda as a threat to them. But the woman marched over to the front desk with a furious expression.

"C-Can I help you, ma'am?" The man stammered out. Wanda leant against the desk as she stared at the guy who she assumed was playing dumb.

"Where is he?" She asked simply.

"I don't know who you're talking about, m-"

"Don't..." Wanda held her hands together as she took a deep breath of air. "Don't lie to me." She whispered, seeing the guy still acting confused.

"You took his body. You took it while it was over England. I know you did, because I have someone over there who saw it happen." She revealed to him. The guy just put on a professional tone and face as he tried to sway her.

"Look. Like I've told you, miss. I don't know what you mean."

"I know you have him." She repeated. Her right hand began to squeeze the fingers of left, she looked down at them as she bit her tongue.

The phone in front of the guy rang, and he collected it and pushed it to his ear.

"Yes, sir." He answered, looking off into the distance as he listened to the other end. "Yeah, she's still here."

Wanda scoffed as she had to wait and listen to the man. After a few seconds of answering, the man put the phone down and turned back to the woman.

"Through the doors. Down the hall. Two lefts and a right." He pointed to the double doors on his left. Wanda walked away without so much as a nod of acknowledgment. She approached the set of doors as the man shouted to her. "One moment. I have to buzz you in."