Chapter 81: Agatha

"So... I used the Infinity Stones to save the universe at the cost of my life?" Hex (Y/N) smacked his lips as he took in the information.

"Well, yes. We thought so at least." Darcy dabbled between looking at the road ahead and the man next to her.

"You thought so?" He said in confusion.

"My friend was investigating another anomaly like this one, and we think the person who created that one was the real version of you." Darcy tried to make sense of what had happened. Speaking of which. Was Jane okay? Was she still in New York?

"The real version of me?" Hex (Y/N)'s eyes darted around the dashboard as he tried to understand why she was meaning.

"Yeah. Me." The two jumped as the tassels to the back of the truck were pulled away. Standing there was... another (Y/N)?

"What the hell?!" Darcy exclaimed, hitting the brakes so she didn't crash. (Y/N) just looked at her and his imposter in confusion.

"I gotta say. I thought this hex would be a lot more maniacal that it is." He said ripping the tassels down and throwing them to the floor so they weren't in his face.

"Who are you? What are you?" Hex (Y/N) looked at him in shock. It was like a mirror. Two confused (Y/N)s with a lot of questions.

"Well, I'm you. The actual one. Your people kidnapped me from New York and made me come help." (Y/N)'s head tilted towards Darcy, who caught on to what had happened. Mission: Get The Real Cosmo Wolf, successful.

"If you're the real (Y/N)... what does that make me?" Hex (Y/N) sighed, looking at his hands for a moment as a few sparks of energy shot through them. If he was just a temporary creation... what happened when the permanent version returned?

"That makes you a lot better than me considering you can put up with children." (Y/N) shrugged. It seemed like his many flaws had been removed from this clone. He couldn't help but be jealous. Why couldn't he be like that?

"I wish I could be like you." (Y/N) whispered as if he was talking to himself. Oh, wait... he was.

Hex (Y/N) locked eyes with him, comforted by the words.

"If you want to know everything that happened, I can show you. Give you the memories I have." (Y/N) offered.

"You can do that?" Darcy asked. (Y/N) nodded, raising his hand and making a gesture to ask for permission. Hex (Y/N) nodded, closing his eyes as (Y/N) placed two of his fingers on the clone's head, a shock of energy leaving him and throwing memories after memories at his other self.

Hex (Y/N) grunted as he absorbed all the information. Loki, Ultron, Tyrant, Thanos. He could see all the memories of (Y/N) and Wanda. They truly did go together like left and right.

"I almost opened the multiverse during the battle against Thanos, but stopped myself. Then you succeeded in doing it by mistake." Hex (Y/N)'s eyes snapped open. (Y/N) still didn't understand how he'd managed to do that. What even were his powers at this point? He started off being able to teleport and open portals... now he could rip apart time and space, turn invisible to people he chose, and he could pluck things from other worlds.

A pulse went through (Y/N)'s body, making him freeze and stop what he was doing. The two looked at him in confusion as he stared off into space with an expression of fear and/or pain.

"What? What is it?" Darcy questioned.

"I can sense something... something very, very bad." (Y/N)'s eyes scanned around him as if it would help figure out what was happening. "Get to Wanda. I'll meet you there." (Y/N) tapped his clone's shoulder, backing up into the rear of the truck and blinking.