Chapter 20: The Vision

3rd Person POV

You, Steve, Wanda, and Pietro made your way through the tower, plotting your route to the lab so you could stop whatever Tony was about to attempt.

"L/N, I'm sorry about... y'know?" Pietro looked at you, remembering the different times he'd attacked youin sokovia and the ship yard.

"Fuck yourself." You muttered. You'd surprised yourself by not hitting the speedster already. There was a lot of built up hatred towards him at the moment, and you were tempted to put him in a headlock to release that anger. You spared a glance at Steve who had turned his head towards you. "'Language'." You mocked, causing him to shake his head.

"Look, we apologised to you. What more do you want?" Wanda crossed her arms. She tried her best to be polite, ignoring the curses that repeatedly came from you.

"I want a shiny note with the words 'we're sorry' and a 20 dollar note taped to the side." You joked. There was a whizz behind you. Turning around, you saw Pietro gone. After a few seconds he reappeared holding a white note. You locked eyes with him for a second, opening it and finding a card with 20 dollars inside. "Where did you get the 20 dollars from?"

"Found it?" Pietro said slowly. It was bullshit, you didn't need to be a rocket science to know, and everyone knew it but had no time to ask about it as the lab came into view. Entering inside you could see the cradle, along with Tony and Bruce.

"I'm gonna tell you this once." Steve almost immediately stated.

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony looked at him. You'd never know how the two always managed to be opposed to each other.

"Just shut it down, will ya?" You tried, huffing as he continued to decline. It was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve continued, but it still had no effect.

"And you do?" Bruce looked from Steve to you, then back to Steve. "She's not in your head?" He pointed to Wanda.

"If she even tried to get in my head then there'd be a lot of blood shed. I'm not exactly in the mood for mind games anymore." You stated with a hint of anger in your eyes. Bruce seemed to pause for a second, along with Steve sparing a glance to you. "Just shut it off. There's no need to end this with a fight, whether it's verbally or physically." You sighed, everyone going quiet for a split second. "Because either way I'll win."

"You don't understand. Everything that we've faced, everything that we've been through... it's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony stared at you with an emotion in his eye that you just couldn't read. It looked similar to sadness, or pity. In just a few seconds the room devolved into an argument. Everyone besides you and Pietro beginning to talk. You glanced to the side, seeing Pietro scoff before taking off in a blur around the room, detaching different things before stopping near Bruce holding some sort of tube.

"No, no. Go on." He threw the tube down before looking back at Tony. Things has begun to power down from what you could hear and see. You had to give the guy credit. "You were saying?" Suddenly a gunshot went off, causing Pietro to fall through the glass he was stood on. You glanced down, seeing Clint stood with a foot on Pietro's leg, a smirk on his face.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" He grinned before looking up at you. "Hey, Y/N." He gave a small wave which you returned.

"Hey, Clint." You looked back to the cradle, then Tony, seeing him gaping at the cradle before quickly turning around as he saw power loss reach critical.

"Rerouting the upload." He stated, but before he could do anything, Steve tossed his shield, rebounding off different electronics. Tony retaliated by summoning one of his gauntlets, blasting Steve back and summoning the back of his suit.