Chapter 61: The Garden

2nd Person POV

Everyone was gathered around again. Tony was being watched by Pepper after Bruce had sedated him. You were allowed back into the room by Steve on the condition that you apologised to Carol and acted calm. Now, you of course said fuck no to those conditions and followed Steve anyway.

"You guys take care of him. I'll bring him a Xorrian elixir when I come back." Carol said in response to the news of Tony being sedated. So after years not helping, she was going to disappear again by herself. Wonderful.

"Where are you going?" Link asked as she began walking to the door.

"To kill Thanos." She answered. A bold statement you had to say. Once she reached the big main room, Natasha moved to stop her.

"Hey. You know, we usually work as a team here... and, uh, between you and I, morale's a little fragile." Natasha caused Carol to pause. The rest of the team followed behind Natasha.

"We realise how there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too." Steve added.

"And plus, I have dibs on slaying Thanos." You piped up. Carol looked between the three of you.

"Do you even know where he is?" Rhodey asked from the door.

"I know people who might." Carol replied. Great, so she's going off a whim and hoping someone knows. You were slowly losing IQ points the longer you listened to this.

"Don't bother." Everyone looked behind Carol to see Nebula stood on the wooden floor. "I can tell you where Thanos is." She stated. Okay, problem solved. Follow the sadistic blue woman.

"(Y/N)." Pietro called out as the team had gathered around. Nebula was about to start her explanation on where Thanos would be, but Pietro had something to give out first.

Your head tilted upwards as Pietro now stood in front of you. Speedy bastard. He held out a weapon in his hands, bending down to give it to you. After looking it over, you realised it was your sword... the original one that you'd lost when you traveled to Sakaar.

"Where the hell did you..." Your voice trailed off as you took the weapon from his hands.

"I don't know the full story. But Wanda kept it after you disappeared. She never got to return it." Pietro looked at you with an expression that was somewhere between sympathetic and happy. Like he was happy to return the weapon, yet felt bad bringing the name to the table.

"Thank you."

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan," Nebula recollected. Sounded like quite a tragic childhood. "Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask... where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same. 'To the Garden'."

"As in the front lawn? Or is that just a nickname?" You asked, wondering if Thanos owned a house in a suburban space area.

"Nah, it's his retirement home." Rhodey joked, making you hide a smirk.

"So, where is he?" Steve asked, causing Rocket to activate a hologram of Earth on the table.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers... Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it." A ripple spread out across the hologram to indicate the snap.

"Until two days ago... on this planet." The hologram switched to a different, more green planet.

"Thanos is there." Nebula said.