Chapter 11: Age Of Ultron

Y/N's POV

It's been about 3 years since the attack on New York. I'm 19 now, according to my genius maths. Well, I'm 19 for now. My birthday is fairly soon. Tonight to be exact, but it doesn't seem like a big thing to me right now. I've gone back to my usual routine of Eat, sleep, hunt down Hydra, repeat'. That's pretty much what I'm doing right now. Steve, Nat, Clint, Thor, Hulk and Tony were all here too. It's pretty much just an average 'beat up some Hydra soldiers' mission that we were on. I was on the back of a jeep with Clint, Natasha was driving.

"You guys could've told me it would be this cold." I whined, shooting three different guys as they came into view.

"What did you expect? Did you think it was gonna be sunny and warm?" Clint joked, firing arrows at different men.

"No I thought it was gonna be cold, not ice cold!" I responded.

Two guys with some sort of hover tech began chasing us. I did the only logical thing, and blasted them with a shot of energy from my left hand, turning back to shooting ahead of us.

"Kid, you are scary." Clint said. He was looking at me, shaking his head for a split second.

I laughed quietly. "You're just too ordinary to appreciate my skills."

Another jeep came towards us. Both cars being side by side. The gunner in the other jeep began charging a shot, but was quickly dispatched by Thor, leaving Clint to shoot the driver. We pushed on as Thor took out a watch tower behind us. Cap beginning to overtake us, grabbing and dragging a guy with him before tossing his shield around like a show off. I shook my head, not liking the way he stole my thing.

I'm the one who's supposed to show off. I thought.

A tank began approaching but Thor knocked it into the air, where Tony blasted it apart. Hulk grabbed what was left of the vehicle before throwing it away.

I looked ahead of us, seeing a barricade approaching. Immediately I jumped off the jeep, morphing into a wolf as we all lined up for the camera ;). Steve continued on his bike, while me, Thor, Nat, Clint and Hulk began fighting on foot.

"Shit!" Tony said.

"Language!" Cap exclaimed.

I assumed he had been hit by something and just shook my head. Diving onto a soldier slashing his face with my claws, I pushed forward.

"Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve questioned.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis answered.

To me it just sounded like a challenge. I looked from behind a tree, seeing a group of 7 nearby soldiers, I decided to test out a new ability I'd been practicing. I focused my energy for a couple seconds. Suddenly the blue energy began to flow from my tail, morphing into a blade like shape.

This is where the fun begins. I snickered internally.

Jumping out from behind cover, I made my presence known. The first guy turned to shoot at me but I slashed through his hand then abdomen. The second one, I dived into him, impaling him through the chest. I jumped to the ground before running through them, slashing through two of the men's thighs and bringing them to the floor. Jumping back and slashing their throats before continuing forward. I released a blast of energy from my tail to finish the last three who were grouped up, turning back towards the other Avengers.

"Loki's sceptre must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last." Thor said.

"Would've been a lot easier if we had all agreed to let me keep it." I stated, reverting to my normal form.