Chapter 73: Sacrifice

3rd Person POV

Carol burnt through the clouds, her powers blocking the shots that were hitting her as she flew straight through the top of Thanos' ship, breaking through at the bottom as explosions rang out across the ship before she shot through the bottom and to the top to finish the job.

The ship floated down, crashing into the lake as Thanos looked on in shock.

"Danvers, we need an assist here." Steve said, turning to Link and Tony. Link stabbed one of his healing shots into Tony's arm, causing the wound in his shoulder to start healing. He stood up starting to walk away.

"Link, where you going?" Steve asked in confusion as he watched the other man start to leave.

"To help."

Carol landed down on the ground with a small thud. She looked at the form of Ryan as he knelt back against a rock trying to catch his breath.

"Hello... other... woman. Have we met? No, I don't think we have." Ryan began mumbling to himself.

"Carol Danvers. You got something for me?" Carol introduced herself with a tilt of her head. Ryan bit his lip as he got back to his feet with a sigh. He passed the gauntlet to her, watching as the armies began to flood towards them.

"That... looks like it's gonna be an issue." He stared at the many aliens rushing at them.

"Maybe for her." (Y/N) jumped down from a rock to stand with Carol, a smug look on his face as Carol shook her head at him. Link walked over with a calm attitude, spinning his blades in hands.

"Let's do this." He draped an arm over Ryan's shoulder. Wanda and Strange floated to the ground with the other four, looking between each other.

"Carol, if you fucking drop that thing." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes as the 6 began to move forward to meet the impending army.

Wanda took out most of the creatures nearest to them with a wave of energy, while (Y/N) crushed and slammed the leviathans above into outriders. Corvus charged towards Ryan, who slipped out of the way, sliding his arm blade through Corvus' wrist and forcing him to drop his glaive. He finished the Black Order member with an energy shot to the head, then moved on.

Strange threw his magic like groups of knives to shoot down and kill the Chitauri in the air. Link literally ran through the enemy soldiers, simply sliding his knives through their throats with ease and dropping them in an instant.

"Carol, go!" (Y/N) grabbed her with his powers, throwing her further forward and giving her momentum to fly quicker.

Carol flew through aliens and explosions as she made her way towards the tunnel, leaving one final big bad ahead of her... Thanos.

Before he could do anything to stop her, Wanda, Strange, and (Y/N) came to a halt before firing an attack each. Wanda threw a ball of red energy. Strange threw a ball of orange energy. (Y/N) threw a ball of blue energy. All together they smacked into Thanos' chest and threw him back and onto the ground, giving Carol an opening to fly past and towards the tunnel.

She got a great deal of distance towards it, too. Then Thanos' sword came flying into the van, causing an explosion that was felt by almost everyone in the battlefield. It sent Carol flying backwards through rocks as the gauntlet fell from her hand and to the ground.

Thanos was the first to set his eye on the nano gauntlet that rested near him. He ran at the glove, attempting to grab it before (Y/N) tackled him. The Cosmo Wolf was promptly smashed in the nose by Thanos' elbow, shaking him from his grip and knocking him away.