Chapter 45: Cometh The Battle

Y/N's POV

I walked down the dark tunnel that was soon to open. The arena I would battle in was soon to be shown. I took no weapons, which probably made me look like a complete idiot to everyone else.

"Making his first appearance, though looking quite promising and defiant... got a few tricks in his hat. I give you... The Cosmo Wolf." I exited out of the tunnel as the Grandmaster introduced me. The crowd was booming, then they were booing as they got their eyes on me.

So, I decided to show off a little. Planting one foot in front of me, I threw my head back into a toned down version of the roar I'd learnt to do after battling Tyrant. My powers burst through the ground, beginning to swirl around me in a circular pattern before I extinguished them.

The roar itself managed to silence the crowd, then wake them back up with a few cheers scattered around. So easily entertained. Typical.

"And over here..." The lights pointed to the opposite end of the arena. The door opened across from me, and I could see Thor making his way out.

"Also making his first appearance. The guy can make sparkles with his hands, so I'm sure he's good at birthday parties... Lord of Thunder." Grandmaster introduced Thor, who narrowed his eyes at the name. His hair looked a lot different. In fact, it looked cooler now that it was shorter.

There was a shield in one hand and some sort of bludgeon in the other.

"Okay, this is it! Let's get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes." Grandmaster said excitedly. Green fireworks started to burst in the air around us. If you could even call them fireworks. The ground jostled as it began to lower. An odd arena, indeed.

"He is a creature. What. An we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him. I feel a special connection with him." Grandmaster continued, and a much larger door revealed itself as the arena floor finally stopped lowering. I spared a glance across at Thor, and he nodded to me, readying his equipment and equipping a helmet.

"I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated. He's the reigning. He's the defending. Ladies and gentlemen... I give you... your Incredible..." He dragged out the last word, and now I was getting a little intimidated. Before Grandmaster finished his speech, the prized champion burst through the opening door. My heart seemed to miss a beat as I saw who the champ was. Now, I knew why they were so prized.

Hulk stomped out into the arena. The crowd going ballistic as they saw the warrior and his fighting spirit. Oh, Banner. This is where you've been...

Hulk was roaring his name out to the crowd, flaunting his axe and hammer. The crowd cheered his name back, and I instinctively started to move over towards Thor. What? You thought I was gonna fight Hulk on my own when he has a fucking axe the size of a table? I don't have a death wish.

I grabbed Thor by his arm, spinning him to face me. "Okay, what's the plan? We're about to die." I said nervously. I didn't know why, but I saw no fear in Thor's eyes. This man must have nerves of steel.

"Don't be silly." Thor brushed me off, turning to Hulk. "Banner! Hey, Banner!" He called out, and immediately I knew that was not a good idea.

"Thor, not a good plan!" I tried to warn him. Hulk looked at Thor with a glare that would make scare the bravest of men.

"No Banner. Only Hulk!" Hulk said, which surprised me. When did this guy learn to talk so well? I could see Hulk was very obviously about to charge Thor, and I made the good move of backing away.

"(Y/N), where are you going?" Thor looked at me. I raised my hands in defence to show I wasn't about to get murdered by Hulk. Thor quickly turned back to Hulk who began running at him.