Epilogue PT.1

Three years later...

"Riyah baby, are you dressed yet?" Seokjin called up to his daughter from the bottom of the staircase.

"You can't rush beauty appa!" The little girl replied brazenly.

Time had flown by for Seokjin. How could his little girl already be pushing five? It felt as if it was only yesterday she was one years old, and depended on him for everything. Seokjin wasn't quite ready for the part where she would grow up and become her own independent entity. He couldn't quite fathom that Riyah's personality was forming, and he was to blame for her particularly strong personality. It was like she was a carbon copy of himself, however his daughter was a diva and Kim Seokjin was certain that he was no diva. She was everything he'd want his daughter to be, but too soon for his liking. Riyah had her own mind, but she was stubborn; she was confident, but it could be perceived as cockiness; she was very determined, but she also didn't know when enough was enough - a carbon copy of him. Well, at least, that's what everyone else says (Seokjin begs to differ).

"Appa, appa look! Don't I look beautiful?"

Seokjin's jaw dropped as soon as his eyes set on his daughter. He couldn't believe his eyes. He wanted to cry but at the same time, he wasn't so sure it was too appropriate to respond to the situation presented to him with tears and a reddened face.

"Kim Riyah-" Just as Seokjin was beginning to speak, his sentence was cut short by a sudden knock at the front door.

"I will deal with you in a second!" He told Riyah before turning to the door. "Who is it?!"

He advanced to the door and pulled it open with much more force than he meant to. His face softened at the person he was met with.

"Hey." Seokjin greeted with a small smile.

"Hey..." He looked past Seokjin and at Riyah who had the biggest grin on her face. "Is she wearing your makeup? That better not be the Clio set I just got you."

"Namjoon, don't even go there." He warned as he moved aside to let the father of his daughter into his house.

Namjoon proceeded to walk in with his hands up in surrender. 

"Abeoji!" Riyah called out as she ran down the stairs to her father who lifted her up and pecked the side of her head.

Seokjin gritted his teeth together as he closed the door behind him and exhaled sharply. Namjoon had hit a nerve when he asked what he did because Seojin knew damn well that Riyah used the unopened makeup set Namjoon had just given him a few weeks prior to today.

No, it hadn't been his birthday nor was it christmas or any other notable holiday to give gifts. Namjoon bought him for him because he wanted to. There was no specific reason why. To outsiders, an ex-husband buying a present for his ex-husband may seem suspicious as if there was an ulterior motive, but in actuality, they were just close. As time went by, they were able to reconnect again but not as lovers, as friends rather. They realised they had never been friends before and decided to be on good terms not only just for themselves but for Riyah too. Within a years and half or so, they had become such close friends their friendship group questioned whether they were back together. They had always agreed that if they still had feelings for each other when Riyah had gotten older, they may try their relationship again, but neither of them had made a move which led them to believe they were good as just friends and nothing more. If anything, they were certain they worked better as friends than as a couple so neither of them wanted to jeopardize the friendship they had built.