69

Jimin awoke. He drew in a deep breath. He pushed himself up. He stared at the blank TV screen, and in that moment, he felt like he was five again. He was alone, but he wasn't lonely. He never basked in the indulgence of being alone, he didn't have to be anything for anyone, he could just breath. It felt liberating, yet cold. Feeling as he did when he was five — being five, it was all so bittersweet.

Jimin sighed and reached for the bedside table and snatched him phone from the smooth, cold surface. He shakily grasped his phone with both hands and unlocked it. He pressed on the contacts application and scrolled through his list of contacts until he found Jungkook's name. For a brief few seconds, his thumb ghosted over his name but his small fit of insecurity subsided as quick as it seemed to progress. He made the rash decision to facetime Jungkook and stared at himself on the screen intently, as if to unpick every single detail on his face.

Jungkook answered the call with a deep, chesty groan with his face buried in his pillow that was encased in a grey pillowcase.

Jungkook
"Jimin if you're calling to ask about where Ella the Elephant is again, she's in your living room on the TV stand. I really have no idea why I have to tell you where your things are in your house. You're a big boy, Min."

Jimin
"That's not why I'm calling."

Jungkook
"Oh my god you're not even in little space!"

Jungkook now lifted his head from his pillow with a slight glare on his face which seemed to dissipate as soon as he looked at Jimin properly.

Jungkook
"Jimin hyung, what's wrong?"

Jimin
"Lets go to Busan."

Jungkook
"And why? Why would you want to go back to the place where you were broken?"

Jimin
"Because its also the place that's going to fix me. Well, partially. Kook-ah, I- I think I need to see my parents."

Jungkook
"Why? You and I know better than anyone that having blood relatives in your life means jack shit. You have me! You've had me ever since you were seven and I will never let you go! You have Seokjin hyung, Namjoon hyung, Taehyung and- and two boyfriends who  you so dearly — why would you need to go back and see those people?"

Jimin
"They don't love me Jungkook! They don't even want to be around me! Last night..."

Jimin trailed off as he pursed his lips and simultaneously closed his eyes. The first tear fell and Jimin sniffled a great deal before he could continue.

Jimin
"Last night I slept alone. Neither Yoongi or Hoseok were in the bed and all I woke up to was space and for the first time, in such a long time, I felt alone. Jungkook. I'm alone. I fucked up and now I have to pay the price and see them because if I don't, they've won. They would win and I would lose the loves of my life. Kook I can't- I can't lose them."

Jungkook
"Hyung please don't say that. They don't hate you, they never could. Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung love you more than anyone could ever explain and whatever happened, it's just what happens in relationships. We hurt, we cry, we love, we feel and even through everything we've been through — together and alone, we love each other through it."

Jimin
"I don't know Kook, I really don't know. I just- I need to see my parents and when I do, I know it'll hurt. It'll hurt me more than anything, but it'll heal my wounds. Maybe- maybe then, I'll finally be able to understand other's pain and suffering."

Jungkook
"Hyung I don't want to see you hurt. Whenever you're hurt it hurts me."

Jimin
"Please Jungkook. I need you there. If you're not there, I know I won't be able to do it. Please go with me."

Jungkook cheered his bottom lip, pondering on it for a good ten seconds before he hesitantly nodded and released his lip from the hold of his teeth.

Jungkook
"Okay... but you do know that it'll be a long day a-and we might even need to stay in Busan for a few days. Cause first we'll need to go to the orphanage, retain your parents information and then drive around to find them... this is going to be stressful."

Jimin could only nod and gave a small smile.

Jimin
"I- I need to. I don't want to be the stopping force in my relationship anymore..."

Jungkook
"Hyung you're not."

Jimin
"Yes I am."

Jungkook
"No you're not."

Jimin
"Yes I am."

Jungkook
"No- you know what? It's too early to be doing this!"

Jimin giggled softly as a bright, wide smile found its way onto his face.

Jimin
"Oh- uhm. I know what you're going to say but I want to leave for Busan today. In about the next two to three hours..."

Jungkook
"What- okay. Well shit. Taehyung is going to absolutely murder me."

Jimin
"I'm sorry Jungkook-ah. But I really really wouldn't bother you like this if it wasn't urgent."

Jungkook gave a small smile as he ran a hand through his lengthy black locks.

Jungkook
"I know Jimin hyung. When you need my help, I'll be there. Without question. You're my family and family look out for each other."