57

That night, Namjoon and Seokjin slept in different rooms. Namjoon was in Riyah's room since they had a double bed in her room from when they first adopted her and she was unable to sleep alone and would cry once she realised she was alone. She had found it difficult to settle in, but with time, she became comfortable with her surroundings and Namjoon and Seokjin.

Seokjin thought he would be able to get a good amount of sleep considering how he wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the night to tend to Riyah if she awoke crying, but he was mistaken. He couldn't sleep knowing he had left things rough and unstable with Namjoon. He knew they would have to sort it out the next day but didn't want to do such thing when the kids were around.

Seokjin groaned as he pushed himself down onto the bed, his head hitting the pillow aggressively. He picked up Namjoon's pillow and slammed it over his face in frustration. He inhaled, but found himself inhaling much longer than usual as he realised Namjoon's strong scent that oddly resemble the smell of a forest just after it had been raining, but it was a soft scent. It hadn't invaded his nostrils but slowly passed through and he breathed in his scent again.

He pulled the pillow from his face and brought it down to his chest so he could wrap his arms around it. Seokjin chewed his bottom lip as he thought about how he wouldn't be able to get a sudden whiff of his scent much longer. He knew that they hadn't been in a good place for a while, and therefore understood the necessary actions that needed to happen.

They had only been married for a couple years and already they were breaking down. Perhaps it was too soon, but they had been together for four years prior to their marriage. If anything, it was too long of a wait. He couldn't help but think it was because of the lengths of time they were spending together. They were bound to get on each other's nerves- it's what couples do the best but their arguments weren't of a petty mind that could be fixed with a quick fuck nor an apology. They found each other intolerable when they argued and if it was calm, they would wonder how long it would be until they begun to argue. It wasn't healthy nor a custom for husbands. They knew it.

Suddenly, a loud cry sounded from Seokjin's bedside which made him jump. He turned his head and saw the baby monitor flashing red in the dark. Instinctively, Seokjin pulled his covers off his legs and stood from the bed. He shoved his feet into his sliders before rushing out of the room and to Riyah's. He pushed open the door to see Namjoon stood, rocking from side to side as he faced the large window. The curtains were drawn as he was staring out of it. The panorama was dark, only lit by a few lights in the distance. He heard the soft whistling of the wind and and gush passed by him, making his t-shirt ripple in the breeze.

He slowly closed the door behind himself which caught Namjoon's attention so the man turned to him, with Riyah against his buff chest, her head rested comfortably against his right peck with his hand cradling the back of her small head.

"What're you doing here?" Namjoon asked softly.

"Monitor." Was all Seokjin managed to say.

Namjoon gave a small nod. He stared a Seokjin for a while longer, trying to confirm his suspicions.

"Isn't that my shirt?"

Seokjin looked down, as if to confirm it for himself. "Uh, yeah. I just- I wanted- I couldn't-"

He pulled at the hem of the shirt as he was wearing boxers underneath the oversized kaws t-shirt.

"It's fine. It always suited you anyways."

"Th-"

"You could've turned the monitor off y'know. You knew I was here so you wouldn't of had to get up. Riy's asleep now." He pointed out.