23

"Get in the car." Yoongi told Jimin as he stared at him with a unidentifiable expression.

The news that Jimin wanted Hoseok to be his alongside himself was just as much of a shock to him as it was to Hoseok and Vernon.

He felt deceived, betrayed, hurt— even unimportant. The fact that Jimin had made such a big decision which would affect both of them just as much hurt and shocked him. The couple had always consulted each other in most things they did and the one time Jimin hadn't, it was one of the most important decisions he would make.

To make the transition of being included in most of Jimin's decisions to finding out when others did made him feel like he'd been stabbed in the back by the person he least expected to.

And it made his heart throb in immense pain.

"Hyung-"

Yoongi cut Jimin off and he gave him a stern look. "Get in the fucking car Jimin. Now."

Jimin looked up at Hoseok whose eyes were wide but his facial expressions slowly changed as his eyebrows knitted together out of mass confusion and guilt.

Tears slipped from Jimin's eyes as he stood from the table and ran out of Vernon's house and to the car like his boyfriend had told him to do.

"Yoongi hyung-"

"Don't Hoseok. Just don't. I'll talk to you later, bye Vernon."

With that being said, Yoongi walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway where he went into the closet near the front door and took out his coat before leaving Vernon's home.

Hoseok turned to Vernon who was chewing on his lip as he looked down at the floor.

"Vernon-"

"Well, we still have food to eat and I'm sure your hungry so I'll dish it up. It has been ready for awhile now." Vernon dismissed as he walked over to the stove and grabbed utensils to serve their food.

Hoseok sighed as he followed Vernon and grabbed two serving plates and handed his boyfriend six small serving bowls for the side dishes.

"Hoseok hyung?" Vernon called out.

"Yeah?"

"How much galbi should I put out?"

Hoseok looked around the room with his bottom lip sucked into his mouth. "Can we just stop this shit Vernon? Stop acting like nothing happened when we both know that everything just happened!"

"How the fuck am I supposed to act when my boyfriend's crush says he wants them to be his caregiver?!" The younger fired back and he sharply turned to face Hoseok.

After Vernon's explosion, the room fell silent once again. Vernon turned back around and sniffled a few times before pick up the plates and bringing them over to the dining table. Hoseok opted to help him and brought the side dishes over to the table, two at a time.

The two sat opposite each other, hoping to create as much distance between them as they could to give each other the time and space to cool down.

"Please could you pass me the seasoned soybean sprouts." Vernon asked, his voice soft and quiet.

Without much exchange of words Hoseok picked up the bowl and handed it over to Vernon who took it as he mumbled a small thank you as a sign of his gratitude.

The two ate quietly. Hoseok had thought about making conversation with Vernon but every time he went to open his mouth he stop himself before he could muster up the first syllable of his words.

He felt so guilty for how everything had went down with Vernon, Yoongi and Jimin. He wondered why Jimin would only mention something as big as this now and what he did which would make Jimin even consider him being his caregiver. In the long five years Hoseok had known Jimin for, and the king three years Jimin and Yoongi had been a couple, never had he once mentioned not hinted at him becoming one of his caregivers.

It racked his brain as he tried to come up with a reasonable explanation for why Jimin would come to decide that he wanted Hoseok as his second caregiver.

Was it because he always treated him as if he was his own little? Because he was caring? Loving? Or because he always knew what to say and do in the best of situations?

"H-Hoseok hyung. I have something I need to say." Vernon spoke, his words clear and confident.

"Go ahead..."

"Let's- let's break up. I think we're better as friends, and it's clear that you're not supposed to be with me. Let's stay good friends hyung."

Hoseok opened his mouth to try and argue with Vernon, but in every word was a hidden and obvious truth which was undeniable.

He stood from his seat and walked over to Vernon who stared up at him. Hoseok held his hand out and held Vernon to stand up before embracing him in a tight, warm hug.

"I never deserved someone like you Vernon. I'm sorry."

Vernon smiled, he smiled a genuine smile. "It's okay hyung. We just weren't meant to be more than friends..."

________

ahem

and that's the tea

and that's the tea