24

"Yoongi. Yoongi. Hyung, talk to me!" Jimin called out as he grabbed ahold of Yoongi's wrist.

The older yanked his hand from Jimin's loose grip then stifled a laugh.

He found it humorous how when it mattered, Jimin didn't think he needed to consult him yet when he realised that his rash decisions not only affect the people around him, but himself, then he will consult him to allow them to talk over the situation.

"You're really fucking pitiful." Yoongi spoke, vemon laced in his voice.

Jimin's chest tightened at Yoongi's words. He felt his heart clench as his boyfriend's words pained him and stung as if his heart was being attacked by a swwrm of wasps that stung his heart coherently.

His vision blurred as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Y-Yoon- Yoongi..." Jimin whispered out as he clutched his chest.

"What? Did you expect me to let this fly over my fucking head like I usually do when it comes to you and your stupidity?! I am not a dickhead, and I refuse to be taken as one because of your selfish motives."

Near the end of Yoongi's explosion, Jimin had broken down into a fully pledged sob. He wiped at his drenched eyes with the back of his hand and sniffled hard as fresh tears rolled down his chubby, pink cheeks.

Yoongi could only look Jimin up and down before taking his coat from the closet and departing from their apartment, leaving a distressed Jimin alone to comfort himself. Yoongi was too upset to comfort Jimin in his time of need since he was dealing with his own neediness.

Yoongi knew that if he wasn't with Jimin, he'd want Hoseok to be with him but alike Jimin, Yoongi also wanted Hoseok with him. It was only now that he begun to recognise just how much the young couple relied on their friend for his help.

Upon Yoongi's epiphany, he slipped into a calmer frame of mind where he understood why Jimin would want Hoseok as a second caregiver. Although he understood, it didn't hurt any less than it had initially. When he found out about Jimin's hidden desire, he begun to doubt himself as a boyfriend and a caregiver. He thought he was wasn't enough for Jimin and would never be. He felt as if he had been in a fruitless relationship for three years.

He determined the only way to resolve his heavy feelings of worthlessness was by drinking until he could barely remember his own name.

Yoongi wasn't the type of person to drink his problems away, but being in his current predicament, he was far from being himself. In fact, he was miles away from the Yoongi he knew. He was but a incomprehensible life that preoccupied a barren body.

And he hated the feeling. Anything he could possibly do to rid himself of feeling these emotions— he would take it in a heartbeat.

From his and Jimin's shared apartment, Yoongi had walked himself to the park close to their home. He strolled to a swing and sat himself on in before taking his phone out from his coat pocket.

Hoseok
"Hyung..."

Yoongi
"Can you come drinking with me?"

Hoseok
"Yoongi hyung, that's not a very good idea."

Yoongi
"P-please Hobs, it's- it's the only way I can get rid of this brooding pain."

Hoseok
"Hyung I'm sorry. All this pain you're going through, i-it's my fault."

Yoongi
"I don't blame you for anything Hoseok. Just come drinking with me. I... I need my best friend."

Hoseok
"Yoongi, I'm coming to get you. Are you home?"

Yoongi
"I'm at the park. Come quickly."

Hoseok
"Okay Yoon-ssi, hang in there."

________

"Yoongi!" A familiar voice called out.

Yoongi looked up from staring at his feet and saw Hoseok running towards him. At the sight of his best friend, it was now his turn to let out his pain by crying his heart out.

Hoseok chewed on his bottom lip once he got to Yoongi. He acted quickly, standing Yoongi up from the swing to engulf him in a warm, tight hug. His right hand stroked his best friend's soft, messy black locks before he pressed a kiss on top of his head.

"Shhh hyung, let alone it out. It's good to let it out." Hoseok muttered to Yoongi as he slightly swayed to comfort him.

Yoongi felt significantly better as he was releasing his pent up emotions. He  always hated crying and did his best to hide it especially from others but at that moment in time, he couldn't hold back. He felt weak and wanted to be held like he was the only person who mattered since he felt so badly about himself.

Being destroyed by the one person he never thought would hurt him in such a way hurt him to no extent. He felt uncomfortable in his own skin because it meant nothing if he couldn't be happy with Jimin. He felt everything yet nothing at the same time, he felt good yet shitty all at the same time.

His own feelings confused him yet were as clear as day. He didn't know what to do with himself but cry, and it scared him deeply.

"Yoongi, lets get you in the car okay. I'll take you to mine. We- we can talk in the morning when you're refreshed and have some sort of emotional stability." Hoseok suggested which Yoongi nooded to against his toned, warm chest.

Yoongi let go of Hoseok's coat and turned to walk around to his car, but Hoseok stopped him from walking. He put on a bright smile and intertwined their hands before proceeding to walk to the car.

And for whatever reason it may be, Yoongi blamed it on his vulnerability, he felt a harsh tug at his heartstrings.