14

After Hoseok had successfully calmed Jimin down by whispering sweet nothings into his ear and rubbing his back soothingly, the two made their way into the youth centre- Hoseok going to the dance studio and Jimin, to his office.

Jimin was a social worker and specialises in working with children and families. He worked from Wednesday-Sunday and from 11am-6:30pm, unless a session with one of his clients was prolonged. Jimin used to work in a medical clinic, meaning that he was paid more than he was earning now, working in the youth centre.

It was only when he received a visit from a family of two, a mother and her son who were seeking asylum that he rethought his workplace. The mother had told him that she was skeptical about coming to the clinic since she had been too embarrassed to go previous times, but now she was desperate. Learning her story, Jimin immediately contacted the council and sorted out somewhere for the woman to stay with her three year old son within the same day. She had told him that she lived in Gangnam, in an area full of poverty.

Jimin couldn't get the woman's story off his mind, knowing that there were more people alike her who needed help and/or someone to talk to, children especially. There was also a trend of abuse being common in low income areas. He was reduced to tears at the thought of all the children who were being mistreated. It was in that exact moment that he decided to quit his job in the medical centre and decided to work at a struggling youth centre in Gangnam.

With help from locals and a group a social workers he had gathered, they were able to renovate the youth centre and make a better one which was more appealing to children, families and adults. He wanted it to be safe-space for them, where they could discuss their emotions, or things that have been going on in their day to day lives.

On top of it being a safe-space, it was also a place where young people could do various activities. He asked Hoseok if he would teach dance and he agreed, then asked Seokjin if he'd teach the children and, adults how to cook and basic home education which he also agreed to.

Since the activities started, more people had been coming to the youth centre, which benefitted them. Jimin had seen an increase in the amount of adults that had begam to start coming to the clinic which encouraged him to start a support group for adults.

After what he faced when he was younger, he decided at the young age of seven that he wanted to be a social worker, to help people who are in a situation the same or similar to his childhood. He wanted to devote his life to helping people in the same way he could only imagine when he was a child.

"Minnie!" A soft voice called out.

Jimin smiled wide as he stood from his swivel chair from behind his desk to open the door to see Hyuntae.

"Hyunnie!" Jimin called back, just as eagerly as the young boy.

He bent down to Hyuntae's height and wrapped his arms around the small boy who giggled and wrapped his arms around Jimin's neck. Jimin then stood from his crouched position with Hyuntae in his arms, making him squeal.

"Hyunnie, did you come here alone again?" Jimin asked, his tone stern.

Hyuntae looked down as he released his grip around Jimin's neck to fidget with his hands. "Um, m-maybe."

Jimin transferred Hyuntae's light weight to his right arm and used his left to lift the little boy's head, hung out of shame.

"Hyuntae, you know it's dangerous to walk around this neighbour alone. Even if it's the morning. You should always have somebody with you."

Hyuntae pouted as he nodded his head.

"I-is Minnie m-mad at Hyunnie now?"

Jimin chuckled lightly, before using his free hand to tickle Hyuntae making the young boy erupt into a fit of giggles, his smile wide and toothy. The older eventually stopped tickling Hyuntae and pressed a kiss to his cheek.