42

"We don't want to stay with anyone but Jimin hyung! Why can't we?!" Hyunwoo shouted as the social worker as he glared daggers.

"Woo calm down-"

"No! This is unfair. After everything Hyuntae and I have been through, we have to stay with his family? I don't want to!"

Jimin rested his hand on Hyunwoo's shoulder and in response, Hyunwoo turned around and wrapped his arms around Jimin's small waist as he buried his head in his stomach, his tears soaking through Jimin's shirt.

Jimin and Hyunjung had taken Hyunwoo and Hyuntae to social services once contacting them about the situation. The police were also informed about the issue and told them that they were on their way to arrest Kang Dae.

As much as Jimin tried to keep everything under control in order to not worry the kids, Hyunwoo was disobedient towards Jimin and found a way around all his strategies. He was well aware of what was happening in front of him, and for that reason, he decided he couldn't just stand around and let his and Hyuntae's lives be dictated by everyone but themselves.

When they reached the agency, Jimin and Hyunjung had to go into a meeting with another social worker to discuss Hyunwoo and Hyuntae's living arrangements. They had found that after various calls to different family members that none of them were able to take them on, but their father's sister had agreed to. Hyunwoo had accidentally heard the conversation and barged into the room, demanding for himself and his brother to be with Jimin.

In all the of commotion, Jimin felt at fault. He wished he could've taken Hyunwoo and Hyuntae on but his and Yoongi's apartment was only suitable for one person, let alone two. The living arrangements for the kids had to be suitable and fitting for their needs.

"Minnie hyung? Are we gonna go back to daddy?" Hyuntae asked, his voice low with his head hung.

"No Hyunnie, no. You won't ever have to go back to him. Look, why don't you two go outside with Hyunjung will I talk with Johnny? Okay?" Jimin spoke as he stroked his hair.

Hyuntae gave a small nod.

"Hyunwoo-ah? Go with Hyunjung noona, I'll meet you in a short while."

Hyunwoo gave Jimin a tight squeeze before pulling away from him and using his forearm to wipe his face dry. Jimin patted his back as he watched the two brothers walk out of Johnny's office with Hyunjung. Once they left, he closed the door behind them an turned to face Johnny.

"Johnny please." Jimin begged. "They've been through so much with Kang Dae and to send them to live with his sister, it wouldn't be fair on them. Please. A-at least consider bringing a foster parent into this."

Johnny sighed as he leaned back in his swivel chair. "I'm not promising anything, but if I can get the police social workers on your side then it'll work. Remember though, I'm not promising anything."

Jimin nodded vigorously. "Thank you Johnny, you have no idea how thankful I am."

"I'm assuming you have a foster parent in mind when you suggested it."

"Yeah... two actually. Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon. They're a couple and adopted a little girl named Riyah. I'm sure you'll be able to pull up a file on them. They've fostered children many times before and it's always been a success. Besides, they wouldn't be going to a stranger as Seokjin volunteers as a home education teacher at the centre. The kids love him, and he has a good relationship with Hyunwoo and Hyuntae. As for Namjoon, they'll adjust to him quickly, he's great with kids. He has like a friendly type of Midas touch."

Johnny gave Jimin a small smile as he chuckled. Jimin only stare at him with weary, confused eyes as the darted from one side of his face to the other.

He believed he had provided the best possible explanation as to why they should consider Seokjin and Namjoon as foster parent for Hyunwoo and Hyuntae, so he was baffled by why Johnny was laughing at him.

"You're cute, Park. I'll give you that. But with all this bigging up you're doing, have you even asked these people how they would feel about fostering the children?" Johnny asked, his eyebrow raised questioningly.

Jimin smiled sheepishly. "Oh yeah... that. I'm- I'm sure they'll agree if I ask. Just, make sure you talk it through with the police social workers."

"Yes Park Jimin." Johnny teased.

"Also, where would the kids stay tonight? We haven't sorted anything solid yet."

"They'll have to stay at a group home until we can sort their living situation."

"No!" Jimin cried, as he stormed up to Johnny.

"Jimin-ah." Johnny called out sternly. "You know damn well that they'll have to go there. I don't even know why you asked. You've dealt with situations such as this before and it is no different because you're closer with the kids."

Jimin knew he was right. Nothing that was solid in the system would change purely because he knew the children who were unfortunately mixed up into a bad predicament.

"I'm sorry." Jimin mumbled before bowing to him.

"I understand you're tense and worried and frustrated, but we're doing the best we can to-"

"To ensure Hyunwoo and Hyuntae receive the best possible care. I know."

"Good," Johnny started before breaking out into a small smile. "Why don't you get out there? There are two special boys who need you."

Jimin nodded before turning to face the door and walking out of Johnny's office.