Prologue

Screaming, crying, thrashing.

This was the fourth time this week Yoongi had been awoken by the same new neighbour who screamed, cried and thrashed about at four in the morning.

During the day the boy was quiet, timid and avoided making eye contact with any living thing as if he feared humanity itself.

Yoongi thought he was strange but my god, did he think the strange boy was cute.

He had made a multiplicity of attempts to converse with the boy since he moved in, but all attempts proved futile as the boy only gave a quick look and scurried back into the comfort of his apartment. It seemed that the boy only left for work and came straight back home, and never had anybody over. He longed to be able to put a name to a face, but nobody in the complex spoke to him; he was estranged and alienated himself.

Now, Yoongi did have some sort of inclination to the strange cute boy, but by far, he valued his sleep more.

"For fucks sake!" Yoongi complained, as he pushed his duvet off his body and stood.

He groaned as he mentally scolded himself for moving into a building with thin walls, but finally moving out of his best friend Hoseok's apartment was way overdue. He always told Yoongi that he wasn't a bother and that his home was his home too. However, Yoongi couldn't help but feel he was invading his space after living with him for a whole year (of course contributing to rent even though Hoseok didn't want him to).

He rubbed his eyes and huffed before trudging from his bedroom to the neighbouring apartment on the right. His iron fist hammered on the metal door then came to a sudden halt as he waited for an adequate response, but the screaming and crying only continued, if not worsened.

Yoongi decided on knocking once more. "Hello?! Do you not understand the principle of it being four in the morning, meaning you need to shut the fuck up?!"

Receiving no reply, Yoongi gave a deep and heavy sigh. He pushed the handle down and the door swung open with such a force it hit a wall and offered a loud bang. Yoongi's eyes widened at the carelessness of his neighbour who he had yet to confront.

"Hello?" He shouted, closing the door behind himself as he walked into the apartment.

Just as before, he didn't get a response so he inched closer to the room where the screaming and crying was coming from.

He considered the fact the walking into a strangers apartment would be seen as breaking in entry, but the door was left unlocked and the screaming and crying progressively worsened. He was more afraid of what would happen if he didn't go and check out the source of his lack of sleep.

At the very least, he expected it to be a young child, his neighbours or not, or perhaps a video his neighbour was watching. Both didn't seem plausible as he hadn't seen a child with the neighbour but also knew the boy was too timid to even cause the slightest point of concern with his neighbours.

Yoongi's hand slowly reached for the door handle. Once it made contact he let it linger on the cold metal as he mentally prepared himself for what he was about to see. He pushed the door open to see a man who looked no older than twenty screaming and crying in bed.

His eyebrows knitted together. He looked around the room to see a typical child's room; there was sky blue wallpaper with white clouds, a box full of toys and vibrant yellow bedding.

Why is a grown man in a child's room?

It was the only question in mind but nonetheless, he walked over to the sleeping boy and gently shook him awake. When the man awoke, he had tears flooding down his chubby cheeks as if they were trying to imitate a waterfall. The man begun to sob as he looked at Yoongi with sad eyes. Almost immediately, Yoongi seemed to forget why he was even mad in the first place and without a second thought, he wrapped his arms around the small, crying boy to comfort him. The strange cute neighbour nuzzled his head against Yoongi's clothed chest and cried. Yoongi's warm embrace seemed to be enjoyed by the boy due to the sheer fact that his cries became less frequent and quietened.

"Shhh, don't cry. It's alright. You're safe, I've got you." He cooed.

Yoongi wasn't sure why but he felt the need to reassure him that he was okay, that nothing was going to harm him. He wanted to protect the boy with everything he had.

In a matter of minutes, the man fell asleep in his arms and shortly after, Yoongi lay on the bed. The boy simply wouldn't loosen his grip on Yoongi as if he were he favourite teddy bear. In light of this, Yoongi shuffled around to establish his comfortability and soon joined the boy in a peaceful slumber.

________

how was the first official unofficial chapter???