74

It had been a few hours since they had left the restaurant. The journey there was relatively quiet apart from the occasional conversation, and Jungkook singing along to the innumerable songs that played on the radio. However, the malevolent thoughts of Jimin's mind held him hostage and forced him to fall subject to their harsh truths as the reality of the situation, an anchor of despondency, finally dawned. He couldn't tear himself away from his profuse fears of being abused by them again upon first glimpse. He understood this meeting could be either the making of him to flourish and prosper from his misfortunes or the complete breaking of him to the point where he became hapless beyond repairable.

Geumjeong district, the setting of his own gothic novella that surely had no true happy ending. Each time he imagined revisiting his birthplace, the abuse and torture he withstanded nineteen years ago only seemed to hurt him just a little more than the last. He shuddered with raw anticipation as he lifted his head and turned towards the window. He observed the seaside in the near distance and the crashing, serene, turquoise waters. He moved his hand from his lap and ran it over the interior of the door until he found the window button. He pressed it lightly to pull the window down and inhaled the fresh, crisp air of Busan.

"It- It feels weird to be back, right? But comforting in an equally weird way." Jungkook voiced as he peered out of the window.

"Hm." Jimin responded absentmindedly.

Seokjin looked up in the rear-view mirror to catch a glimpse of Jimin. He cleared his throat subtly. "We're going to reach the hotel in about five minutes; I made sure it had a good view of the sea."

"When did you have time to search up hotels? In the restaurant?" Jimin muttered with his mouth pressed against his arm that was rested on the door.

"Yeah," Seokjin confirmed. "I booked us two rooms. Jungkook and I can share and I got you your own room. Figured you could use the space. Don't worry though, we're only a couple rooms away from yours."

To this, Jimin could only nod. He was glad his friend could understand him even when nothing was said. Although in the moment he didn't know how to put his gratitude into words due to his incomprehensible thoughts, he offered him a small, genuine smile when he saw his eyes flicker to the rear-view mirror to show it. If anything, he needed to be alone with his thoughts to calm himself and be able to act rationally when necessary.

"Hyung. Did you get a room with two single beds or a double bed?" Jungkook quizzed, as he watched Seokjin's expression intently.

Seokjin gave an inert smirk. "Of course I got us two single beds. Why? I'm still a married man, not divorced just yet."

Jungkook huffed and furrowed his eyebrows. "What the hell? Why would you do that? You know that I like to cuddle with you. I sleep better that way. And you owe me! And when when we get back, so does Namjoon hyung!"

"Koo love, calm down. I'm only joking." Seokjin rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Good." He mumbled as he turned to look out of the window.

"Gosh, you're so bratty. Not even Riyah is this bad. Nevermind Hyuntae and Hyunwoo — they angels."

Jungkook tutted with a snarl. He raised his had to initiate a slap, but it never came. He rested his hand back down on his lap and mumbled restlessly to himself.

"That's because they're kiss ups!"

"Jungkook, please stop embarrassing yourself. You're the biggest kiss up between you and Riyah. She's only one and already much less needy than you."

"She can barely even walk!"

"And you can but you don't make very good use of the ability."

"That's because you babied me ever since I was 16! You never let me do anything you- you silly sausage and now I can't do anything by myself!"