65

It had been a relatively quiet day for Jungkook. He was home alone, once again, since Taehyung had left for work at the early hours of the morning.

A few days had passed since he had found out about Namjoon and Seokjin wanting a divorce, and it still upset him (even though the couple had spoken to him once they had their tea in hand and told him they were going to try and work through their issues, but if it wasn't an effective solution, they would most likely get divorced). Although he was saddened by this, he was glad that he was able to put things into perspective for them. Seeing how the couple were able to come to a reasonable agreement made him think about the idea of adopting much more frequently than he previously had. Himself and Taehyung had never agreed on an appropriate time to adopt children.

He didn't want to bring the subject up to Taehyung because of what happened the last time they bought their attention to their situation, but there were now two children who needed the stability and security a permanent family can give them involved in this equation. But Jungkook shuddered at the thought of Taehyung's reaction because he had no idea how Taehyung would react to this, and it worried him. Jimin had told him how he reacted to Hyunwoo and how the young boy was now unable to face him because he reminded him of his father.

Jungkook stood from his and Taehyung's bed and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He pushed himself down to sit on the bed and lay back. His hands rested on his stomach, his index finger tapping lightly against the soft fabric of his sky blue pajamas.

"Why haven't I slipped yet?" Jungkook muttered as he stared up at the ceiling with questioning eyes.

He groaned as he pushed himself up from the mattress. He reached over to the bedside table to swiped his phone from the surface. He unlocked his phone and went to his contacts. His scrolled done until he saw Taehyung's name and his thumb hovered over his name. He wanted to call him and tell him that he was having trouble slipping but in the way that Taehyung sees it, he knew that Jungkook was heavily reliant on little space to get through his everyday life. If he was to suddenly call and express his need for little space, there wasn't a chance that he would agree to adopting Hyunwoo and Hyuntae.

So Jungkook threw his phone down onto the carpeted floor and sighed as he bought his hands up to his face and dragged his palms down his soft skin.

"Jungkook-ah!"

Jungkook slightly flinched at the loudness of Jimin's voice. It took him by suprise at first but then he soon remembered that himself and Jimin had made plans to meet up last night.

He groaned as he pushed himself up from the bed and to his feet. He staggered out of the master bedroom and to the corridor where he saw Jimin stood in the middle of the living room.

"Hyung." He croaked out.

Jimin turned and looked up at Jungkook with a bright smile on his face. "Kook, did you just get up? I'm surprised you were able to sleep without Taehyung."

"I can't slip." Jungkook choked quietly as he stared at Jimin with alert, darting eyes, "I've tried and it doesn't fucking work. Hyung I can't slip, I really can't."

Jimin could only stare up at him and gulp down the thick lump forming in the middle of his throat, preventing him from drawing deep breaths.

"Okay- uh— Jungkook. Come here, okay? We can figure this out together," Jimin staggered to the bottom of the stairs, walking up a few steps. "Just don't start to stress about it okay? You'll give yourself an anxiety attack."

Jungkook gripped the railing of the glass balustrade, his fingertips now paper white with anxiety. He took one step after another with Jimin encouraging him to come to him though his words were clouded.