79

"Is this the right place?"

"I think so..."

"Can you not think so and actually know so? Check Google maps!"

"You check Google maps!"

Seokjin sighed and rolled his eyes as he looked up at the apartment building. He took Jungkook's phone from him and looked up their location on Google maps to see they were in fact at the right place.

"Yeah, we're here." Seokjin announced, passing Jungkook's phone back to him.

"I'm nervous. What if they don't like me? All I remember about them is that they argued a lot."

Seokjin turned to face him and placed his hands on his soft cheeks. "I can't say anything about how they'd feel, but you've grown into a wonderful young man Jungkook. You're perfect the way you are and if they can't see that, it's really their lose."

Jungkook reached up to Seokjin's left hand and rested his own hand atop of it as a small smile found its way onto his face. Jungkook took ahold of Seokjin's hands and pulled them away from his face but kept his left hand interlocked with his right hand as they walked up to the front doors. Jungkook pulled the door open and squeezed Seokjin's hand tighter as he took cautious steps up the stairs.

His parents lived on the first floor and Jungkook assumed that it was because his biological mother was confined to a wheelchair. He couldn't remember exactly what illness she had, but hee remembered the heaps and heaps of medication she had to take. As he grew up, he began to understand why they argued so much. Medical bills were expensive enough for only one short visit so to have to pay for bottles on top of bottles of medication and hospital care would've inevitably put massive strain on their relationship. Even he was a factor that contributed to the breakdown of their relationship. Having to take care of a child while both parents are present but one can't even do the bare minimum without assistance must've been hard on his biological father. He understood that much. But to have his biological mother's illness get the best of them was unforgivable. It was neither of their faults she had it but they seemingly pushed the blame onto each other.

He sometimes wonders that if he had been a smarter toddler he could've even helped them out a bit and not have been another heavy burden they bare on their full shoulders.

"Hey, Kook-ah? You sure you wanna do this now? If you're not ready-"

"No," Jungkook drew in a deep breath and released his hand from Seokjin's hold. "I'm ready. I need this, I need this now."

Without another thought, Jungkook quickly pressed the buzzer and took a big step away from the door. In a matter of about ten seconds, the door opened to reveal a well-kept middle aged man. He first took a look at Seokjin, looking him up and down before moving on to Jungkook but as soon as his eyes met his face his aged eyes widened, mouth slightly agape.

"Wait... are you Jeongguk?" He asked so quietly it almost came out as a whisper.

To this, Jungkook nodded small. "I kinda go by Jungkook now..."

His father was quick to reach out to him and take his hands into his own. He offered a fond smile to him.

"You'd better come in. Your friend too."

Jungkook went in first, kicking off his shoes and placing them together next to his father's shoes. Jungkook took a quick look around but didn't see any shoes he'd think to be that of a woman's. At first he thought it was strange, but then figured that's since she was in a wheelchair she wouldn't have much need for shoes. He walked into the apartment, slowly taking in the interior while Seokjin closed the door behind himself and took his shoes off. He thought it looked quite homey and a lot more modern than he had expected.