33

Seokjin awoke with a pounding headache due to all the crying he had done the night before.

"Shit..." He mumbled as he held his head in his hand.

His eyes were barely open as they stung, and rheum surrounded his eyes. He slowly sat up from his bed then brought his palms to his face to rub the stiffness of his face away.

He swung his legs off the side of his bed and slowly stood. He trudged into the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror.

His mind immediately travelled to his and Namjoon's argument. He squeezed his eyes shut then covered his face with his palms. Seokjin was regretful. He regretted arguing with Namjoon infront of their daughter, he regretted their friends seeing them both in such a state and most of all, he regretted the words he had said to his husband.

For awhile, himself and Namjoon had been having a fair amount of disagreements which escalated quickly and became heated arguments and fights. Sometimes they could end up being physical, but to an extent where they ended up shoving each other or fisting each other's clothes.

Lately they'd been arguing about Riyah and her childcare which was the starting point of their arguments. They had arranged childcare for their daughter while they worked, but sometimes, Namjoon would give Riyah to him as their babysitter wasn't available as Namjoon would forget to ask if she could look after Riyah and left it too late.

Seokjin would be forced to either offload Riyah onto their friends, which made him feel guilty enough or he would have to miss a workday to look after their daughter.

It happened so often that Seokjin would snap at Namjoon because it was constant. Namjoon would become defensive, the a back and forth tug war of insults and empty words would take place.

They made sure to never argue in front of Riyah so Seokjin had made a point of holding back on Namjoon for simple things he had done which maddened him, but last night, he couldn't keep his anger pent up for much longer.

On the way to Hoseok's house, Namjoon had asked if he brought Riyah's pacifier but he said he thought he had it. Namjoon sighed, and it set Seokjin off. Throughout the car journey they argued and Riyah cried which Seokjin did his best to calm her down, and his attempts had worked until they got into Hoseok's house.

He regretted the words he had said to the man he vowed to stick by, to love and to cherish. It made him feel sick to his stomach to think that he had been going back on his vows for a while now.

Seokjin's hands slid down his face as his eyes begun to water when he opened them. He chewed on his bottom lip and blinked excessively to rid his eyes of tears. He leaned down to the sink to wash his face in hopes to make his face appear less puffy and red. He then brushed his teeth and avoided looking at himself in the mirror because he knew it he did, he would be disgusted and disappointed in himself.

Once he finished up in the bathroom he made his way out and back into his and Namjoon's shared bedroom where he changed his clothes from the jeans and Christmas jumper he wore and swapped them for an oversized white hoodie and mid-thigh shorts before slipping his feet into white Puma sliders.

He then made his way out of the room and down the stairs, but stopped half way once he saw Namjoon stood by the door, looking up at him. Seokjin was frozen yet his bottom lip trembled as he tried to stop himself from sobbing right then and there.

"Hi." Namjoon spoke up.

"... Hi."

Seokjin slowly made his way down the stairs and walked right passed Namjoon, trying to not acknowledge his presence as he went into the kitchen knowing that his husband was following behind him.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "How's Riyah?"

"I- I don't know... Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi had her for the night." He mentioned, thankful he barely stuttered.

"Oh. Then," Namjoon started before pausing for a short while. "How are you?"

Seokjin placed his mug down on the counter then turned to face Namjoon.

"Namjoon, please, don't humour me like this. We've been together far too long to be this way, so- just- don't."

Namjoon gave him a small nod in response.

Seokjin swallowed thickly. "Did you sleep with anyone last night?"

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair without answering his husband which gave Seokjin his final answer. He turned away from Namjoon and allowed his pent up tears to fall as he tried to carry on making his coffee.

"No Seokjin. I didn't sleep with anyone."

"B-b-but I-"

Namjoon stood from his seat at the dining table and strolled up to his husband. He cautiously grabbed Seokjin's shoulder and spun him around so he was facing him. Seokjin attempted to hide himself from Namjoon by lowering his head.

"Seokjin... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry, but I didn't cheat on you. How- how could I?" Namjoon announced, confidence and fear laced in a perfect contradiction which was evident in his steady tone.

"Because I'm terrible." Seokjin spoke as he raised his head. "I didn't mean it Namjoon! I- I don't even know why I said it! I want you and Riyah. Nothing about us was or is a mistake. I- I love you, p-please don't leave me. Please."

Namjoon lifted Seokjin's head to make eye contact with him. He wiped his face dry for his fallen tears but his efforts were pointless as a fresh set of tears cascaded down his face.

"Hey, I don't want to leave you. But we need to do a shitload of talking."

Seokjin smiled softly through his tears.

"Okay."

"Oh and Seokjin?"

"Hm?" Seokjin hummed in response.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas Namjoonie."

________

your favourite bitch is back after a long ass year of exams :)