27

The air was thick.

Jimin and Yoongi did everything they could to avoid each others eyes whole Hoseok's darted in between the couple waiting for one of the two to speak. Hoseok sighed, knowing he would have to be the one to break the unsettling silence.

"Jimin... Why- why do you want me to be your caregiver?" He asked as he turned to the younger.

Jimin bit his lip, his nerves rising making his heart thump against his rib cage as if it was ready to burst through his chest.

He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed his mouth, fearing what he would say to Hoseok. He wanted to speak from his heart, but he wasn't sure what his heart felt. All he was sure about was that he wanted Hoseok to be his second caregiver.

"Go on Min-ah... I-it's- it's okay." Yoongi encouraged as he lifted his head to look at his boyfriend.

Jimin gave him a small nod before taking in a deep breath. "It was so hard to adjust to life by myself because I hadn't been alone for a while but I obviously couldn't stay at the orphanage forever. When I met you two... My life changed for the better. You're my family, the only ones I trust and love deeply. Having y-you two is like I'm five a-again but with a normal family with normal parents who l-love their child. When I'm little... I feel s-so secure and I can't lose that. P-please I can't..."

Hoseok dragged his chair closer to Jimin and cupped his chubby cheeks and looked him in the eyes as he gave him a bright, loving smile.

"Don't cry baby, it's okay. Don't cry." He whispered as he wiped his tears with his thumbs.

"I love you both s-so much it hurts... Hoseok-ssi, please don' go. Don' leave me."

"Okay baby, I hear you. Calm down buttercup."

Yoongi's attention was fixed on Jimin and Hoseok's interaction. He understood Jimin's reasoning behind wanting Hoseok to be his caregiver alongside himself but what he struggled to wrap his head around was why he felt that he could talk to him about it.

Their three year relationship consisted of the upmost sincerity as well as love, compassion and warmth. He would've never had doubts about whether their relationship was healthy and truthful but recently, he has begun to reconsider the very foundations their relationship was built on.

He didn't blame Jimin, but concurrently, he didn't blame himself either.

"Why couldn't you speak to me?" He blurted out.

Jimin's face twisted with fear and sadness when Yoongi eventually spoke up. His grip on Hoseok's had tightened as he made eye contact with his boyfriend.

"I-I wa- was- I was scared." He admitted.

Yoongi scoffed. "Of what?"

"Of hurting you."

"Well you did. Do you know how you made me feel? I felt like shit. I felt so fucking useless, like- like I made little to no influence in your life. Do you know what that's like? To feel useless to the one person you would spend your life trying to help?!"

Jimin swallowed thickly as he tried to not cry with everything he had.

"H-hyung-"

"No Jimin, you don't fucking know what that feels like because you have it all. No one would dare to make you feel anything even near that because you've got issues!" Yoongi vocalised as tears streamed down his reddened face.

"Yoongi hyung." Hoseok called out.

He let go of Jimin and jogged to engulf his best friend in a tight hug as he cried into his t-shirt dampening the fabric but he could care less.

Upon seeing his boyfriend brake down into loud sobs, be soon followed because he couldn't bare the sight of Yoongi perturbed much less be the reason for his profound sadness.

"'M sorry hyung... I d-didn't mean t-to. Eomma- Eomma was r-right, I'm s-such a dis- disappointment."

Jimin stood from the chair, body swaying as he struggled to keep himself standing upright. Hoseok turned to face Jimin as he processed his words.

"Min-ah! Baby, don't go." He expressed which only made Yoongi's grip on his t-shirt tighten.

With the couple in deep distress, he decided to let Jimin go. He had thought he would leave the house but he heard his footsteps as he trudged up the stairs and not long after, a door slamming sounded.

"Shhh, yoon. Let it all out." He mumbled before pressing a kiss on the top of his head.

________

"Jimin baby." Hoseok whispered into Jimin's ear as he shook him awake.

The young man stirred as his eyes fluttered open. To allow his eyes to adjust to the artifical light, he rubbed his eye with his balled hands.

"D-dada?" He called out as he blinked.

Hoseok gave the little a soft smile. "Hey sweetheart. How're you feeling?"

Jimin shrugged as a deep pout casted over his pink, plump lips.

Hoseok knew that it was a silly question to ask with everything that he went on downstairs hours before, but he had to ask unless he wouldn't know what he could do to help. Although he loved Jimin, he couldn't bare to see Yoongi and Jimin upset because they argued.

"Does daddy hate m-me?"

"No-"

"Baby boy, I love you more than words could say. I know we had a little difference of opinion but what couple doesn't? We both upset each other but I've had time to think my love and I'm happy. We're a family— daddy, dada and our little baby boy." Yoongi verbalised from the doorway as he leaned on the door frame.

Jimin's eyes became glossy, tears threatening to spill. "Y-you have 'nother baby boy? N-not Minnie?"

Yoongi and Hoseok shared a look before they looked back at Jimin.

"Min-ah, you are our little baby boy." Hoseok explained as he rubbed circles on his back.

Suddenly, Jimin's tears disappeared and was replaced with a wide, bright smile that spread from ear to ear across Jimin's face as he clapped his hands together in excitement.

"I love you daddy!" He announced.

Jimin stood from the bed and ran to Yoongi and jumped onto him, his arms wrapped around his neck and his legs around his waist. Jimin left wet kisses all over Yoongi's face which made him chuckle at the youngers loveliness.

"Dada, dada!" He chanted as he looked over his shoulder at Hoseok.

Hoseok stood from the bed and approached the couple only to be pulled closer to them by Yoongi before Jimin wrapped and arm around his neck and pecked his cheek.