71

"Ow— fuck!" Jimin cursed as he feel down the stairs— the last step of the staircase.

Jimin fell to the floor with a loud thud, his chest being the first part of his body that made contact with the cold floor and his black leather duffle bag skidded across the floor and bounced off of the front door.

Jimin winced as his flattened his palms out on the floor to push himself up with a low groan that seemed to erupt from the back of his throat. He squeezed his eyes shut as he shuffled back to sit on the same step he fell off of.

"Owie." He mumbled to himself as he inspected his elbows for any possible injuries. "That hurt."

"Yeah, I bet it did." A voice all too familiar rasped.

Jimin flinched at the sudden surfacing of Yoongi. Knowing that Yoongi was standing so close, towering over him, struck his diffidence which reduced him to cower away from him. He hoped to hide himself in his own body and become so small, that he would just suddenly abandon this confrontation.

In the corner of Yoongi's eye, he saw Jimin's bag so he briefly turned to the front door to get a better look. He stifled a laugh as he turned back to Jimin.

"Where you going?" He demanded.

Although it was a question, Jimin knew that he didn't have the choice of answering it. Yoongi made commands, sometimes he was upfront about it and other times they would be in the disguise of a question. It made Jimin shiver with a newly found sense of guilt and responsibility.

Jimin gulped down the thick mound of apprehensiveness that formed in the middle of his gullet. "O-out."

"Really?" Yoongi's lips moulded into a circle. "I never would've guessed."

"I'm- I'm going to Busan. Okay? I'm going to Busan!"

Yoongi expression of carelessness seemed to pass as quick as Jimin fell down the stairs. His eyebrows furrowed with worry as he stared Jimin down.

"Jimin-ah. Why would you go back there? Busan... it's not practical."

"W-why-why would you care?" Jimin looked up at him to looked right back down immediately. "You hate me."

Yoongi sighed as he rolled his eyes in the back of his head and Jimin's senseless accusation. "I don't hate you."

"But you know that everything is Minnie's fault and I'm too- too selfish."

Yoongi pursed his lips. He didn't want to lie to Jimin. He did think about himself a lot and even when he did consider himself and Hoseok, somehow, it always came back to Jimin. He wasn't going to stand there and lie to one of the men who had his heart. Yoongi shifted his weight onto his right foot and and raised to hand to run it through his chaotic raven locks.

"Baby?" He rasped.

Jimin didn't look up and instead, he perched his chin atop his forearms that rested on his knees. He mumbled out a quiet: "What?"

"What does Busan have to do with our relationship? This house, Hobs' house— that has everything to do with our relationship. If you go to Busan, Jimin, I can't sympathise with you."

"Good," Jimin sniffled as tears begun to well up in his eyes. "I don't need your sympathy anyways. I don't want it!" He whisper-shouted.

Jimin stood from the step, wincing at the slight stinging as he straightened his arms. He stepped down from the step and went to march towards the door, but Yoongi grabbed his wrist to prevent him from doing so.

Jimin stared at Yoongi start into his eyes. He held their gaze with guilt and poignancy. Yoongi looked away, but Jimin didn't follow suit.

"What?" Jimin choked out as the first tear fell from his left eye.