31

All that could be heard from the living room was Seokjin and Namjoon's aggrieved shouts from the living room as Hoseok finally managed to intervene in the couple's heated argument.

He told them that the way they were behaving was childish— even for them, and the example they were setting for Riyah was appalling. Hoseok managed to get through to both of them as by the end of his scolding, they had conscience-stricken looks on their faces.

Yoongi and Taehyung had come out of the living room to help Hoseok managed the situation. Taehyung took Riyah from Namjoon and begun to rock the scared one year old, her tears now spilled as she let out heart destroying sobs.

Yoongi ushered the couple up the stairs and told them to not come down until they have resolved whatever issue they were fighting over in the first place.

"This is not how I thought I would be spending Christmas Eve." Yoongi muttered as he relaxed back into the couch.

"Like any of us did." Taehyung retorted, rolling his eyes.

Jimin's head snapped in Taehyung's direction as he glared at him. "Shut up, you're too loud. You might wake Riy."

"No he isn't. His voice was just above a whisper Jimin hyung... Don't be so paranoid." Jungkook spoke up as he rested a hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"I- I'm not paranoid, j-just worried." He defended.

Jimin looked down at a sleeping Riyah who was suck on her pacifier. He wanted nothing more than to regress but her knew that now wasn't a suitable time, even though he had two caregivers. Everybody was tense and he was the only one who was able to look after Riyah like she was his own daughter.

When Seokjin and Namjoon first adopted Riyah, Jimin had always been there as he had an uncontrollable fondness for children. He spent a lot of time with Seokjin, Namjoon and Riyah. He learned the best ways to calm her down, what she liked and disliked and how to make her smile and giggle. He loved her just as much as he imagined he would love his own children.

Hoseok bent down to peck Jimin's cheek. "Min-ah, we're all worried but I'm so proud of you darling. You're doing such a good job being there for Riyah in this difficult time."

Jimin turned to look at Hoseok and smiled with a faint pink blush on his cheeks. Hoseok pinched Jimin's cheek then stood to walk back to the couch and sit next to Yoongi.

"Wasn't that my job? I'm his boyfriend." Yoongi spoke, a pout playing on his lips.

"Too slow."

Yoongi rolled his eyes and playfully shoved Hoseok who only chuckled.

"Hey, Jungkook and I are gonna head out. He just slipped into baby space." Taehyung announced.

Hoseok gave them a bright smile. "Alright, get home safely."

"Will do."

The couple made their way out of the living room and to the hallway where they put their shoes on and were out of the door in a matter of minutes.

"Jimin baby, you can slip. I know you want to." Yoongi told his boyfriend as he sat up.

"I-I can't... Need to look after Riy."

Hoseok sighed. "Pass her to me love. I'll cradle her."

"No! You- you'll do it wrong. Only I can do it correctly." Jimin argued back with a glare on his face.

"Jimin, you need to stop. You and I both know how you get when you don't slip so your best bet is to do so. Riyah's parents are already arguing, don't create another one." Yoongi scolded.

"Fine."

Hoseok went over to Jimin and took Riyah from him while Yoongi opened up his arms to Jimin who ran into his chest and wrapped his arms around his torso tightly.

"D-daddy..."

"Shhh baby, I know, daddy knows."

Yoongi pecked the top of Jimin's head and ran his hands up and down his back.

"Hand me my daughter." Seokjin spoke as he sniffled and wiped his face dry with the back of his arm.

"Hyung, I think you should-"

"Give me my fucking daughter Hoseok! I'm- I'm not... Not in the mood..."

Suddenly, Seokjin broke down in front of Hoseok and fell to the ground. His tears streamed down his face like a waterfall, but he was silent. He only sniffled as he clutched his chest in pain.

"He- he hates me. I never w-wanted us to end up like this. I love him." He cried out.

Hoseok looked down at Riyah and saw she begun to stir in her sleep. Before she begun to cry again he walked up to Yoongi and Jimin.

"Jimin, take her. Be a good boy, I know you can do this."

Jimin stretched his arms out and clenched and unclenched his hands. "Gimme!"

"Hey," Yoongi called out, making Jimin look at him. "Riyah is not a toy Jimin. Don't treat her like one. Am I clear?"

"Yes daddy."

Hoseok begun to hand Riyah to Jimin who took her carefully and put his hand securely behind the back of her head as he carefully rocked her.

"Don' worry Riy Riy, 'm gonna look after you."

Both Hoseok and Yoongi's faces lit up with the up most adoration and love for Jimin.

"Well done, buttercup. You're doing so well." Hoseok praised which made Jimin giggle.

Hoseok ruffled Jimin's hair then lightly jogged over to Seokjin who was quietly sobbing on the floor, his knees pulled into his chest.

"Come on hyung, I'll drive you home. We'll take Riyah for the night. If you feel up to it, you can come and get her tomorrow." He explained as he helped his friend up.

Seokjin was only able to nod as he dropped his head into the crook of Hoseok's neck.

"Shhh hyung... It's okay."