Prologue: The Stranger's Awakening

All in darkness, all in sight is pitch-black but there are voices reaching out.

"Kalin... Kalin...."

It starts out as whispers but it grows louder, loud enough to understand even in darkness.  But she who is asleep struggles to understand why she is hearing voices of different people calling out to her.

                         "Kalin..."

(Here her journey into this world begins)

Still hearing voices I get the urge to wake up.  My eyelids open slow and steady as if I'm awaking for the first time in a while.  But when I open my eyes all I see is more darkness.  What I'm thinking is confusion to whether this is still a dream in my subconscious or is it real at all.  I move my hands to feel my surroundings but it comes to a stop shortly after a few inches in front of me and I can't push further. 

*Who are the voices calling out to me and why is it still dark?*. 

As I try to adjust to the darkness I feel a sudden shaking like an earthquake.  After the shaking stopped I finally realized to how cramped I was almost as if I was in a box.  Feeling the outline of the walls and its shape, my guess to what it was terrified me to my core to the situation I'm in. 

*Door struggles and sudden shaking*

"Crap. People are coming.  Gotta get a uniform while..."

*Who is that and am I in a coffin!?  Am I dead!?

Feeling the outline and not able to open the door almost confirms my guess and I started to kinda panic in what to do about my situation.

"Grrr!!! The lid is too heavy."

The unknown voice spoke again in frustration and he makes another proclamation.  "Time for... my secret move!  Guwaahuuh~~~~~~ There!"

Suddenly the coffin didn't feel cool anymore and a blue glow shown through the door.  I concured it was not safe to touch the door but feeling the door is about to burst I covered myself to my side hoping it is a dream that this is happening now.  My assumptions were correct, the door busted open wide with embers of blue fire surrounding the coffin. 

*Fire?!?!?* I question as to why fire was the cause of the door opening.

Me thinking it was safe to look out so I start to sit up straight with precaution to who could be out there making the ruckus.  As I look around I hear a mumble to my side.

"OK, ok.  Gotta get... Whaaaa!!!  Why are you up!?

What I see before me is a raccoon-cat like creature confused at my presence being awake.  But I'm more confused as to what the creature actually is.  Is it a cat, a raccoon, or why does it have fire sprouting from its ears and a pitched fork tail?

"A talking r-raccoon!?" I try to come with up with something to say but that's all I can conjure up.

*First waking up in a coffin and now this?*

"Just who are you calling a raccoon!!!! I am the great Grim!"

*Wow it even has a name.*

"Well, whatever. Hey, human! Hurry and gimme those clothes!  Otherwise... I'll roast ya!" The creature starts to get ready for his threat until...

"Dreaming about getting roasted by a raccoon, that's a new one!"  Even though I was panicking inside deep down, I do my best to hide it as to not encourage the small creature to my fear.  So I respond as if there's nothing to worry about.