Episode 4-7: Warm Hospitality!

"What's going on, Jamil?  Nobody told me to expect company!", Kalim.  "Kalim, there's a good reason for this, I assure you.", Jamil.

"Uh, this guy seems like bad news...", Grim.

*(!) This guy, he's from the dream I had.  It was Kalim?! (!)*

"How many times must I tell you to always inform me ahead of time when inviting guests?!  If you had... ...I would have arranged for an even finer banquet and a whole band!", Kalim.

"Huh?", Grim.

I couldn't believe it either, it almost scared me for second there.

"Hiya!  Welcome to our dorm.  Sorry for not throwing you a welcoming parade!  I'm Kalim Al-Asim, housewarden of Scarabia.  This is the first time we've met, right?", Kalim.  "It's not, actually.  Grim burned your posterior at orientation, and you spoke with them before the Magift tournament as well.", Jamil.  "Oh, really?  Aha ha, sorry!  I've always been terrible with faces.  I hope you won't take any offense.  Regardless, it's nice to meet you all over again!", Kalim.

"Yes, it's nice to see you again.", Kalin.

"So, your name is Kalin, right?", Kalim.

"Yes, it is.", Kalin.

"That's awesome!", Kalim.

"...Huh?", Kalin.

"Our names.  I just realized our names are similar, the only difference being between the m and n.  That could make us the Kali-Duo!", Kalim.

He got so excited from that realization, that he ended up side-hugging me as a result.  It caught me off guard to how friendly he is.  Now that he mentions it, I didn't notice the similarity about our names either.  I just hope no one mixes me and him a lot when being called.

*(!) This guy's a far cry from the other housewardens we've met.  I honestly don't know what to make of it. (!)*

Although, I could see Grim snickering to himself since he finds this so amusing.

"All the food looks incredible, as always.  How did everything turn out, Jamil?", Kalim.  "Splendidly as ever.  There are no dangerous substances in any of these dishes, so eat whatever you like.  They've also been poison-tested already.", Jamil.

"Wh-why is THAT relevant?!", Grim.

"Kalim is the heir to a very wealthy family.  The unfortunate dangers related to that mean that everything he eats must be vetted.", Jamil.  "You just love blowing these things out of proportion, Jamil.  Really, who would do that?  Nobody's tried poisoning me since that time four years ago when I went comatose for two weeks.  It's a thing of the past now.", Kalim.  "Yes, because you've had someone to specifically prevent that from happening for the past four years.  I ensure that anything hazardous is identified and disposed of before it crosses your plate.", Jamil.

*(!) How does this guy stay so positive despite having gone through that? (!)*

"Wait a minute.  When you were feedin' me all those different dishes, was that to test 'em for poison?!", Grim.

"Aha ha ha!  There's no real danger for you, don't worry.  All the food Jamil makes is safe.  Jamil would never poison my food.", Kalim.  "Heh.  Must you state the obvious?", Jamil.

"Y'know, I'm startin' to think these guys were only pretendin' to be nice.", Grim.

"Ooh, Grim!  Have you tried the goat's milk blue cheese yet?  Nothing beats a smear of it on a cracker!", Kalim.