Episode 2-28: Vengeance Served Hot!

"Mr. Rosehearts? And I see you're with... Ah.", Crowley.

"Correct, They are the victims in this incident.", Riddle showed up with Trey and the rest of the people we questioned. "Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims, I have a request for you. We would like you to permit Savanaclaw House to play in the tournament despite their crimes.", Trey.

"What...? Are you saying... you wish to forgive their crimes?", Crowley.

"You guys...", Ruggie.

"No. That's the last thing we want.", Jamil spoke. "If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we'll lose our chance at revenge.", Trey.

"Wh-whaaat?!", Ruggie. "Revenge?!", Jack.

"After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus.", Riddle. "But during a Magical Shift game, it's all in the name of sport, right? It just happens to be a sport where the players face off using the fullest extent of their magic.", Trey.

Seeing the grin Trey made me see a side of him I didn't see, and also made me think to never get on his bad side.

"Yeah. If we lose our chance at revenge, it'll gnaw at us all year!", Heartslabyul student. "We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!", Pomefiore student.

"Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even more worse shape than we're in.", Jamil. "What we're saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester.", Trey.

"You've said it yourself, Leona-- fighting doesn't break school rules if it's part of a magical shift match!", Cater.

Seeing Cater make the same grin made me think the same about him. But it also seems he's still sore about the quarrel with them the other day.

"Basically, Leona would get a taste of his own medicine...", Kalin.

"Normally, I would demand their heads. But if Trey and the others insist on settling their grudges on the field... I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once.", Riddle.

"I understand where you're coming from. However, the question is: Are these Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field? Mr. Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!", Crowley

"Heh heh... Ha ha ha! Don't you underestimate me, Crowley. I wouldn't even need to be awake to handle this sorry pack of wounded herbivores.", Leona.

"Wow. Now THAT is audacious.", Jamil.

"I got no intention of bowin' down to anyone. If you want my apology, come and take it.", Leona.

"Do we have your blessing, Headmage?", Trey.

"Dear me. Aren't I the fool for thinking you all wanted to talk about your feelings? Your petition is granted. Savanaclaw will be allowed to participate in the tournament, as originally planned. And as headmage, I very much appreciate that this will keep our little scandal under wraps as the whole world is watching.", Crowley.

"Wooow, nice example you're setting, Headmage. What is your priority in this really?", Kalin.

"*ahem*! Well, the spectators have surely grown weary of waiting for the players to appear. Do make haste.", Crowley quickly changed the subject and headed his way out.

"All right, let's-- Urk! That hurt...", Leona is stopped short by the pain to his side.

"Don't think you've earned my forgiveness.", Ruggie approached.

"Right, and?", Leona.

"Still... I couldn't tell you why, but... It still pains me to see that pathetic look on your face. Your usual smug, sneering grin-- somehow, that suits you better. So come on, now! "Laugh With Me!", Ruggie casts his magic.

"Owwww! Ruggie, what are you doin'...?!", Leona was angry but he was smiling just like Ruggie was.

"Shyeheehee! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do this!", Ruggie grinned with glee, and because of his expression so did Leona. It was hard to resist laughing as I watch.

"Knock it off! Now!", Leona.

"You guys are a buncha idiots. ...Heh.", Jack made a small laugh.

"You actually laughed!", Kalin. I approached him noticing this rare moment.

"I... I did not! I owe you guys for this. Thanks to you, I'll be able to go out there and give 100%.", Jack.

He may say that, but I still had a playful grin just by witnessing this nice side of him. He just turned his head away ignoring my glee with him.

"But on that field, we will be enemies. We will hold nothing back.", Riddle.

"I wouldn't have it any other way!", Jack.

Then Riddle turned to me, asking me about my tearing incident and if I was all right. It was probably because he witnessed the first time this happened. Ace and Deuce must have told him the minute he showed up with Trey and the others.

*(!) Damn, news travel around fast with these guys... (!)*