Episode 4-31: All Caught on Stream!

"And there we have it.", Jade.

"?!", Jamil.

"So, you finally show your true colors!  I bet you thought you were real slick, pullin' the wool over our eyes!", Grim.  "......", Kalin.

*(!) It was a shock for me as well, but I couldn't come up with any words to what to say.  All I could do was look in silence. (!)*

"How...  How much did you hear?", Jamil.

"All of it, from start to finish.  Your entire conversation from the moment you left the lounge... ...has been livestreamed to the world from Azul's smartphone.", Jade.

"WHAT?!", Jamil.

His eyes widened in shock.

"Azul's Magicam livestream presently has five thousand active viewers.  It's trending online under the topic: "A Certain Magicians' School's Dirty Little Secret."  It's your moment in the sun, Vice Housewarden.  Naturally, all the dorm students are gathered in the lounge, watching you.", Jade.

Then a few of them decided to show up.

"Vice Housewarden Jamil, is everything you just said true?", Scarabia Student A.  "Have you really been deceiving us this whole time?!", Scarabia Student B.

"Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing!  You're a fraud, through and through!", Grim.

"Y-you...  You've got it all wrong.  I...", Jamil.

"Don't even try to talk your way out of this one.  The mind control magic you used on Azul is hard evidence.  Jamil...  It's been you all along.  You've been using your unique magic spell on Kalim and making him throw Scarabia into chaos!", Jade.

*(!) So this means, Azul was right about before...  That he tried to... (!)*

Couldn't even finish the thought in my head, I clenched my fists to keep calm.

"Gh...!  I was trying to avoid escalating matters, but you leave me no choice.  Azul, I command you!  Subdue and restrain them all.", Jamil.

"...Yes, Master.", Azul.

"Azul, no.  You don't want to do this.  Snap out of it.", Jade.

"Pleading with him won't help!", Jamil.

"Yes.  I am Jamil's loyal minion... ...or at least, you wish I was.", Azul.

"What?!", Jamil.

"Jamil, you said the funniest thing to me earlier.  Allow me to return the favor.  You thought I was an arrogant magician, but you were sorely mistaken.  An embarrassing misjudgment for the vice housewarden of Scarabia-- the dorm that embodies the spirit of mindfulness.", Azul.

"What's going on?  I know you made eye contact.  I had you under control!", Jamil.

"Please.  I'm a competent magician.  I always prepare for all eventualities before I act.  Isn't that right, Floyd?", Azul.  "I think you let your guard down a little too soon there, Sea Snake.", Floyd.

"MRAH!  What's with your voice?!", Grim.

"I signed a contract with Azul and got this rad deep voice for it.  Whaddaya think?  Do I sound all cool and grizzled now?  In return, I offered Azul my unique magic, Bind the Heart.", Floyd.  "And if you don't know what that spell does, your face is going to crack when you hear this: It jams an opponent's magic and diverts it elsewhere.", Azul.

"You used Bind the Heart to divert the mind control magic!", Kalin.

*(!) So that explains why Floyd was silent after we came from the cafeteria.  They've must've done the deal somewhere between then when none of us were paying attention. (!)*