Episode 1-16: Hard Work Undone!

"*Pant*...  Well, this is going better than before.", Deuce was even amazed by himself.  "Looking good!  Ooh, it's almost time!  Okay, all you sexy body doubles, that's a wrap!", Cater.

"Aye-aye, Cay-Cay!", the rest of the Caters' say in unison.

~Heartslabyul Dorm - Tea Garden~

The party was about to begin by the announcement of the Dorm Leader's arrival.

"All hail our leader, the red sovereign himself...  Housewarden Riddle!", a Heartslabyul student announced.  "We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!", all of the students of the dorm replied.

"Hm.  The garden roses are red, the tablecloths are white...  This seems a proper unbirthday indeed.  Is there a dormouse asleep in the teapot, as there should be?", Riddle asked Trey.  "Of course.  And should it become necessary, we've also prepared the jam to spread on his nose.", Trey.  "Very good.", Riddle.

"Myah!  Those are some fancy duds!", Grim.  "These are Heartslabyul dorm clothes.  Aren't they fierce?  At the forefront of fashion, and they look great on Magicam.", Cater magically changed into his uniform from his school uniform.  "One of the Queen's rules mandates formal dress wear on party days.  As a show of kindness from a beloved mentor, I'll help coordinate your outfits.", Cater waved his magic pen and directed towards us.

"Whoa!", Deuce.  "Lookin' sharp!", Ace was stoked.  "Myah!  So cool!", Grim even got a special ribbon representing the color and patterns of the dorm.  They did look pretty cool in those clothes.

"You all look fantastic!", I compliment them.  The same ribbon Grim has was put on the base of my long black hair, making it look like a single ponytail.

"Now, let's tear this party up!  And don't forget to give Riddle the tart.", Cater.

"Before we begin the croquet tournament, let us make a toast.  Does everyone have their teacup?  On this most significantly unauspicious of days, I bid all in attendance... a very merry unbirthday!", Riddle.  "To a very merry unbirthday!", all reply.

"Ace, this is your chance!", Cater.  "Right...  Uh, housewarden, sir...", Ace attempts.  "Ah, it's you.  The tart thief.", Riddle.  "Yeah, so, I wanted to apologize for eating that tart. We made you a new tart to replace it.", Ace.  "Hmm?  and what kind of tart is it?", Riddle asks.  "I'm so glad you asked!  It's a chestnut tart, and I swear, we weren't stingy with the chestnuts.", Ace.  "A CHESTNUT tart?!", Riddle's tone suddenly changed.  "What?!", Ace.

"The Queen of Hearts's rule 562: "One must never bring a chestnut tart to an unbirthday tea party."  This is an utterly flagrant rule violation!  Do you understand what you've done?!  You've ruined an otherwise perfect unbirthday!", Riddle.

"Rule 562...?!", Deuce was astonished.

"How many of these rules are there?!", Kalin.

"There are 810 rules in all, and housewarden, I can of course recite each and every one of them.", Riddle answers.

"Oh no, we're so screwed.  ...Trey, did you know?", Cater whispered to Trey.  "I was only able to memorize the first 350 or so.  Well, we really botched this one.  Big time.", Trey whispers back.

"As housewarden of a dorm established to honor the Queen of Hearts's rigor, I cannot ignore this.  Destroy the offending tart immediately!  Then throw these rulebreakers out of the dorm!", Riddle declared.

Oh great, we barely start and already there's trouble brewing and all because of a rule?!