Episode 4-41: A Poisonous Preview!

After that encounter last night, I couldn't sleep much because I wasn't sure if the mirror would act up again or not.

"*Ywn*  That was the best sleep I've had in ages.  Hey, Kalin.  You stepped on my tail while I was sleepin' last night, didn't you?  Watch where you're walkin' from now on, would ya?", Grim.

"Where does the other side of that mirror lead?", Kalin.

*(!) Aside from Nelek, what's up with this mirror?  It keeps acting up at the most random times.  And apparently it isn't just mine. (!)*

Grim was confused as to why Kalin was in a daze even when looking straight at him.

"What're you gawkin' at me for?  You are SO weird sometimes.  Anyway, it's back to fire-tendin' duty for us today.  We should drop by Scarabia for some grub afterwards!", Grim.

"...Oh, yeah, sure.", Kalin.

After Grim headed down stairs I followed him out after getting dressed.  

Until break was over, Grim and I would get our daily chores around the school done then go back and forth between visiting Scarabia and Octavinelle since Ace and Deuce went back home for the remainder of winter break.  Though, it was more of me wanting to visit Octavinelle against Grim's wishes as he was reluctant to go there.

And so the holiday vacation came to an end...

~~~~~~~~~~~

~January~

The first morning for the new term, Grim and I met up with Ace and Deuce on Main Street.

"Heya, Kalin.  Happy New Year!", Ace.  "I see you guys all the time, but it feels like it's been years, for some reason.", Deuce.

"Nyeh heh!  Clearly you missed me over break.", Grim.

"Oi.  Don't stand around blocking traffic.", Jack.

We hear Jack's voice from behind us.

"Whoa, Jack!  Did you get a tan?", Ace.

"Did I?  I spent most of my holiday skiing, so it might be from that.", Jack.

"Huh, it snows a lot where you're from?", Ace.

As he talks about snow, it makes me sad to see the snow around here start to melt away.

"What's skiing?  I wanna try it!", Grim.

As was Grim was excited, he was skipping near Deuce's feet.

"Grim, stop trotting around underfoot!", Deuce.

*WHAM*

Which resulted Deuce bumping into someone.

"Ah...", Epel.

"Whoops, sorry about that!  You okay?", Deuce.

"*Sniff*  *Sniffle*", Epel.

"Wh-whoa!  Y-you're... crying?!", Deuce.  "Profeeessooor!  Deuce is bullying a kid from another class and making him cry!", Ace.  "That's not funny, Ace!  Did I hurt you that badly?  I am SO sorry.  Here, lean on my shoulder.  I'll get you to the nurse's office.", Deuce.

"Rgh...  Dagnabbit...", Epel.

"Huh?  Dag-what...?", Deuce.

"Ngh!", Epel.

"Aaand he's gone.", Ace.

"......", Kalin.

"He's in my class.  If I remember right, he's from Pomefiore Dorm.  His name's Epel Felmier.", Jack.

"Epel from Pomefiore...", Deuce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Pomefiore Dorm - Ballroom~

"So, he got away.  Rook!  Are you there, Rook?", Vil.

"You called, Roi du Poison?", Rook.

"Capture him and bring him here.  Now.", Vil.

"Oui.  As you wish, my liege.", Rook.

"I'll never let you escape...  I'll stop at nothing to be the fairest of them all.", Vil.

A.N.

*(!) Hey, it's been a long while, in fact too long.  I apologize for the long delay, but I'm sure you've noticed the multiple chapters in less in two days.  That means I have been working on them just haven't had a chance to publish them right away as I was still editing.  With school starting and having to housesit for a week and a half, I couldn't write too much.  But anyways, we've finally reached the end of chapter 4, and I hoped you enjoyed and still enjoy reading this far in the story.  But like every end of an arc, there will be a short break before starting chapter 5.  Now with school to juggle, I won't be able to publish multiple chapters at once for awhile.  So instead for each story I have, I will try to publish one chapter per week for one story.

For ex. one week will be for twistedwonderland, and the next week will be for Yugioh, and so on.

The only exceptions is when the story chapter is too short and having a chance to publish another one in the same week.

I will try to be more consistent, but nonetheless, I really enjoyed making chapter four and hope to do the same in chapter five.  Happy Reading! (!)*