Episode 3-15: Stardom Dreams!

After doing morning practice and before heading to the school building, we just relaxed at the benches for a bit having some conversation.

"Who knew a morning workout could feel so good?  I'm alive, I tell ya!  Aliiiive!", Grim.

"Right?  'S why I get up an hour earlier than this to get some jogging in.", Jack.

"O-okay, that might be a little overboard.  So Savanaclaw Dorm's already trainin' hard for next year's interdorms, huh?  Looks like we'll have some worthy rivals.", Grim.

"Oh, I guess you guys haven't heard yet.  Every May, we have an even bigger Magift event than the interdorm tournament.", Ruggie.

"MRAH!  It gets even bigger than that?!", Grim.

"Yup.  It's the interscholastic games.", Leona.

"The... what, now?", Kalin.

"As the name suggests, it's a Magift event where different schools compete.", Ruggie.  "Our school always plays against Royal Sword Academy.", Leona.

"Ooh, I've heard of them!", Grim.  "Yeah, Trey mentioned them before.", Kalin.

"Twisted Wonderland's got a number of educational institutions for cultivatin' magicians.  Night Raven College and Royal Sword Academy are particularly prestigious.  We're basically known as the Big Two.", Ruggie.

"So what's Royal Sword Academy like?", Grim.

"It's a school for pampered lordlings that's fulla snooty, scrawny wimps.", Leona.  "Shyeheehee!  What he said.  Their campus 'n uniforms are all shiny and sparkly.  Talk about lame!  Can you imagine how much a single scruff would stand out on a white uniform?  I know they're supposed to be a big deal, but I wouldn't go there even if they begged me.", Ruggie.  

"Hasn't Night Raven College lost the interscholastics for the past hundred years running, though?", Jack.  "Grk!  W-well...  We're only at 99 so far!  You can bet your tail we'll win this year.  Hundredth time's the charm.", Ruggie.  "From what I've seen watching the interscholastics on TV...  Royal Sword Academy's roster of players are all individually outstanding, but that's not why they dominate.  The real key is their incredible teamwork.", Jack.

"Hey, wait a minute.  If we're talkin' interscholastics here...  Does that mean it'll be more 'n just Savanaclaw?  Will the other dorms be goin' up against Royal Sword Academy, too?", Grim.

"Yeah.  Each dorm contributes a player into one big team that represents the school.", Leona.

"Sounds like personality clashes waiting to happen.", Kalin.

"Last year, the team broke out into a brawl before the game even started, just from arguing over who got what position.", Leona.

*(!) And I think I just found out the reason why they lose so many times...  But I'm not gonna mention it, given how they get touchy mentioning their loss against them. (!)*

"Hah!  I like their moxie.  If you want a position, you gotta fight for it!  I'll make sure I get picked as a school rep!", Grim.  "Yeah, well see...", Kalin.

"If you wanna strut your stuff and make a good case for gettin' picked, the best way to do that is to stick to your daily practice.", Jack.  "The interscholastics get higher TV ratings than the interdorms, so it's a prime chance to get scouted for the pro leagues!", Ruggie.  "You'd better start thinking now about what you're gonna do to beat out the competition and land a team spot.", Leona.

"The interscholastic games, huh...?", Kalin.

*(!) I wonder if maybe Ruggie is right, and maybe they can win this year.  But that's only if they can learn to work together with the other dorms, and the same goes to the other dorms it seems like.  But hey, maybe it can change this time. (!)*