Episode 4-6: A Desert Paradise!

"That should do it.  All right, boys, get this to the dorm!", Jamil.

"Yes, sir!", Scarabia Students.

Everyone went to the different tables and grab the different pots and meal dishes accordingly.

"So, why're you guys stayin' on campus over winter break?", Grim.

"Well...", Jamil.

"......", Scarabia Student C.

"It's a bit of a long story.", Jamil.

"I don't like where this is going...", Kalin.

*(!) There's definitely something wrong here, but I can't tell exactly...  But this gut feeling won't go away. (!)*

"It was the housewarden's orders.  Everybody in Scarabia has to stay...", Scarabia Student A.  "We can't go home even if we want to.", Scarabia Student B.

"Shhh.  Don't go into it.  We brought this on ourselves as it is.  Now, let's get this food back to the dorm before it gets cold.  Scarabia's got the warmth of summer year-round.  I think you'll enjoy a taste of the tropics there.", Jamil.

"Woo-hoo!  Now that's what I call paradise!  C'mon, Kalin!", Grim.

"Hmm...  I'm not sure.", Kalin.

Jamil then came closer to me, so close he was almost face to face to me.  I could feel a little bit of heat rise in my cheeks.

"I'm sure the housewarden will be delighted to have you as visitors.  Would you care to come over?", Jamil.

*(!) This sensation...  I couldn't comprehend his words clearly at the end...  I feel hazy...

A bright flash of light came into view.

Wait, what...  W-what's happening now?

The white light faded, bringing into view something completely different from the cafeteria kitchen, as if I was transported elsewhere.  From the pillars to the vastly halls and patterned walls, it looked like a hallway of sorts.  A hallway that was on the inside, but you can see the outside through detailed intricate-lined windows.

Where am I?

"Hey!  Hey, Jamil!  Let's play mancala!", a boy's voice I could hear.

But I couldn't tell or see who it was.  I tried to look for the source, but couldn't find anyone in sight.

"...Fine.", I hear a different boy's voice.

I look to the front of me and now someone was in front of me, a small boy.  This time I could see him, he was small with short black hair.  His expression had a small smile, but then he said something else.

"......", short-haired boy.

His mouth was moving, but I couldn't make out what he said.  But his eyes, his eyes looked as if their forced.  To hide the struggle, he would narrow his eyelids.  But then he looked straight at me.

!!!!

Does he see me?  And why am I seeing this?  But the more I see him looking at me, he isn't reacting to my presence.  So maybe he isn't looking at me.  I look past me to where he was looking.  What I see past the window is the big blue sky, and a few white birds flying as they pass by.

"C'mon, Jamil!  Let's play!", it's the same voice from before.

The small boy in front of me lowered their head and turned to look ahead of him.  I turn around and the boy I heard before made their appearance but I couldn't see their eyes, just their big grin, and he waving high to the other boy.  I look back to the boy in front of me, and he had the same forced eyes.