Episode 1-15: An Army of One!

~~~~~~~Kalin's Dream~~~~~~~

Another set of dreams roam around her mind in this light of night...

"You'd best be on your guard when your around me, Prefect.", the boy with orange hair gave a playful grin to his sentence.  Kalin laughs to his joke.  Next thing she knew the boy's forehead was joined together with hers face to face.  "But just remember, you can always rely on me, ok?", the boy holding her head.  The temperature around her cheeks rose up.  He chuckled to himself to seeing her reaction.  Kalin just turned her head to the side with her eyes adverting from his line of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you alright, Kalin?", a boy held up her hand as she was struggling to keep on her feet.  Kalin was surprised by her being caught so suddenly.  "Don't be that reckless on your own next time, alright?", the boy with a spade mark on his face gave a serious look.  Kalin felt a little pressure on her palm as it was squeezed by his hand.  "Ah, I'm sorry!", he loosened his grip.  But Kalin had a feeling it wasn't because he was angry, at least not at her.

"Just don't worry me like that again, I'm here, you know?", the boy was serious when he looked at Kalin in the eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Another dream?..."

The scene before her was a lady in black and red holding up a rose bush tree held high over the card soldiers and the girl with blonde hair.

"For painting my roses red, someone will lose his head!", judging from the crown on her head, my guess is the Queen.  Could it be... the Queen of Hearts!

"Y-your Majesty, if anyone's to blame, it's him!", the Three of Clubs card soldier spoke first.

"Have mercy, Your Grace.  It was the Ace!", the Two of Clubs spoke after him pinning the blame on another.

"So it was YOU!", the Queen of Hearts questioned the soldier.

"Gah, no, it was the Two!", the Ace of Clubs defended himself by pointing to the other soldiers before him.

"Then he will pay.", the Queen of Hearts pointed to the soldier he pointed to.

"It was the Three, I say!", the Two of Clubs switched his answer.

"Enough of this.  Off with ALL their heads!", the Queen of Hearts grew irritated and made her final judgement.

The card soldiers were taken away, carried by the other card soldiers while those standing by watched.

"A fitting end.  Color, you can't mend.", the Two of Diamonds said.

"Everyone knows the roses should be red.", the Three of Spades.

The dream came to it's end....

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why doesn't anyone stop the Queen?"

~~~~~Dream Conclusion~~~~~~

"Kalin, wake up.  The unbirthday party is today.  If we're late, well, you know...", a voice was close and I could feel a hand on my shoulder trying to nudge me a bit.  Opening my eyes and half awake, I see Deuce standing over me.

"Another strange dream?", as I muttered that to myself, I realize how close Deuce really is.  He wasn't standing, he was leaned in close trying to wake me.