Episode 4-19: Out the Door!

When the training was over, soon after we were escorted back to our rooms.  And the door was locked as the door slammed shut behind us.

"Uuugh...  I'm wiped out.  I can't walk another step...", Grim.

Grim tried to reach for the mattress but soon plopped to the floor before reaching that far.

"I don't think the students can take much more.", Kalin.

"I'm at my own limit too, y'know!  I don't wanna spend another second in this prison.  I'm pooped and ready to pass out, but I've still got my trusty spoon.  I'm gonna finish diggin' that hole tonight!", Grim.

"Right, you do that...  I'll just rest for a second over here...", Kalin.

I sat by the door to keep an ear out for any footsteps coming this way.

*Dig* *dig* *dig* .....*CLANG*

"Whoa!  Kalin!  Hey, Kalin!  Look.", Grim.

I could feel paws pressing on my cheeks, as Grim was trying to wake me up and grab my attention.  My head felt a bit groggy, but I kept my attention to Grim.

"The hole finally reaches the other side of the door!  I couldn't get it too big, but hey.  They say as long as you can get your head through a hole, the rest follows easy enough.", Grim.

"That's some animal logic right there.", Kalin.

"Hm?  You feelin' ok?  You look a bit pale.", Grim.

"Yes... I'm fine, really.  So let's get going.", Kalin.

I get slowly to keep my balance, and as Grim saw I was feeling up to it, he continued.  

"Okay, I'll go through first and pull you through second.  Now, let's get this show on the road!", Grim.

I waited nearby the hole as Grim went through first.  As animal logic suggested, Grim didn't take long to push and squeeze through without struggle.

"Okay, Kalin, your turn.  I'll keep a look out.", Grim.

"Alright, here goes...", Kalin.

I planted my elbows first on the bottom to prepare myself.  My vision was going back and forth between having a blur, so I took it slow.  As I was crawling through, when I thought because I was bigger than Grim, I would have a hard time squeezing through, but that wasn't the case.  For some reason, my sides felt like they just passed through and I didn't feel all that much from the hard edges.  Nor did my back feel sore, I almost felt flexible through the whole hole.

With that in mind, I crawled a little faster seeing as it wasn't a struggle for me to crawl out to the other side.  Not only did I surprise myself, Grim was surprised too by how fast I got by.

"Phew...  We finally made it out of that stupid room.", Grim.

"I thought I was gonna come out as sausage on the other side.", Kalin.

*(!) But that felt a little too easy to go through.  Am I really that small and petite?  Or is it something else that took part? (!)*

"Okay, let's get back to Ramshackle Dorm while we can.  Just gotta be niiice and quiet...", Grim.

*GRRROOOWL*

"Mrow?!  Ah, crud!  I was diggin' so hard there, it made me hungry...", Grim.

"Seriously, Grim?!", Kalin.

"What was that earth-shaking noise just now?!", Scarabia Student A.  "It came from the Ramshackle students' room!", Scarabia Student B.

I could hear voices from down the hall.

"Whuh-oh.  We're in trouble now!", Grim.

"What do you think you're doing there?!", Scarabia Student A.

"Myah, they found us!", Grim.

"What are you doing outside?!  I know we locked that door tight!", Scarabia Student B.  "Ah!  There's a hole in the floor!  You really don't know when to give up, do you?", Scarabia Student A. 

"Grim, time to go!", Kalin.

We then made a break for it down the opposite way of the hall.

"We've got runners!  After them!", Scarabia Student B.

*FWEEET!*

*Tmp tmp tmp*

"If they catch us, it's back to the life of prisoner!  Run for it!", Grim.

"After them!  After them!", Scarabia Students.

"Let's duck into a random room and let 'em pass us!", Grim.

At his notion, the first room I see before us is where I opened the door to duck into and slammed it shut after Grim made it through.

*SLAM!*

"Where'd they go?  Split up and find them!", Scarabia Student A.  "Show yourselves, street rats!", Scarabia Student B.

*Tmp tmp tmp*

After hearing their footsteps fade away, I sank to the floor against the backside of the door.  My legs felt numb, and all that running made me feel more hot all around my body.

"Phew...  I think they're gone.", Grim.

"It's only a matter of time before they find us.", Kalin.

"Maaan... There's gotta be some way to lose those guys!  What room is this, anyway?  It's too dark to see anything.", Grim.

*Poke* *Poke*

"Hm?  Why's there somethin' soft and fuzzy nudgin' my face?  Heh heh heh, that tickles!  Kalin, use that smartphone of yours to give us some light.", Grim.

I grabbed my phone from my skirt pocket and opened it up to activate the flashlight.

*Click*

With a flash of light, the next thing we see is the magic carpet right in our faces, giving us a sudden startle.  Unlike Grim who almost screamed, I kept my mouth shut with the hand knowing I would've done the same thing.

"Whoa, geez!  You scared the daylights outta me!  I was about to scream and everything.  This is Kalim's treasury, huh?  They don't lock up the treasure?", Grim.

The magic carpet swayed back and forth in front of us with excitement.

"Ooh, that's it!  If you help us, we can shake off the patrols and get outside!", Grim.

"?", Magic Carpet.

"Hey, carpet!  I'll let you out if you carry us outta the dorm!", Grim.

With hearing his suggestion, the carpet flew in a rapid pace of excitement, and in it's own way, nodded and agreed to what Grim was proposing.

"Great.  All aboard, Kalin!  And goodbye, Scarabia!", Grim.

After getting on, the carpet then flew off, barging through the doors.