Episode 3-11: A Contract Signed!

"Here's the deal...  I bid you pilfer a certain photograph from the Atlantica Memorial Museum in the Coral Sea before the sun sets on the third day from now.", Azul.

"You want us to steal a piece of art?!", Jack.

"!", Jade.

Jade was also astonished by what Azul proposed.  When he caught me looking at him upon his reaction, he reverted back to his usual demeanor to not give anything away.  Floyd on the other hand, kept his smile so it was hard to read him.

*(!) Hmm...  From his reaction, this could be a personal request of Azul.  But why though? (!)*

"No, not a piece of art.  A photo.  One commemorating a visit to the museum from Prince Riele, taken ten years ago.", Azul.

"Gonna need more detail than that.", Jack.

"It's a photo panel placed right near the museum entrance.  It has no historic value whatsoever.  Borrowing it would not cause any particular fuss.", Azul.

*(!) Borrow...? (!)*

"Then why do you want it at all?", Grim.

"Heh.  What's the point of a challenge if it's not challenging?  If I were to concoct a trifling errand, I would simply be giving away my end of it, wouldn't I?  I'm not running a charity here.", Azul.

"The Atlantica Memorial Museum is a renowned tourist attraction that houses a good twenty different cultural artifacts.  That includes the Silver Hair Comb, a Coral Sea national treasure, and the Mermaid Princess's Prized Cork Openers, among others.  We're not asking you to find a speck of gold dust on the seabed here.", Jade.

"Oh, hey, didn't we go there on an elementary school field trip once?", Floyd.

"Hold on.  The nation of the Coral Sea is at the bottom of the ocean, right?  It's not exactly hospitable to land mammals like us with no fins or gills.  I think you're askin' too much here.", Jack.

"What he said!  I can't breathe underwater, y'know!", Grim.

"That sounds like a "you" problem... is what I would normally say, but fear not.  I will provide you with our very own magic potions.  They'll enable you to breathe underwater.  Once, when a poor little mermaid princess fell in love with a human, the Sea Witch was kind enough to grant her legs to walk upon the earth.  And really, what are any of us without a sense of charity?  Heh heh heh.  So, what do you say?  Do we have a deal?  Will you agree to a contract with me?  I'm afraid I don't have all day, so if you could make your decision now, I'd appreciate it.  Well?  Well?", Azul.

Now he's really putting the pressure on for an answer.  But lucky for him, I already made up my mind.

"It's a deal!", Kalin.

"Excellent!  Go ahead and sign the scroll, then.", Azul.

He pulled out a golden contract with a flick of his fingers, appearing out of thin air.  I took a moment to skim though the contract details.  And sure enough, the details to the deal is written out as he said.  I took the pen he gave me and signed my signature.

"Heh heh heh...  There we are.  Signature received.  The contract is now in effect.  Should you successfully steal the photo from the Atlantica Memorial Museum and bring it to me before sunset on the third day from now...  ...I give you my word that I will release the sea anemones currently doing my bidding.  Should you fail at your challenge, however...  ...Ramshackle Dorm will belong to me, and as a student of that dorm, you will do as I say!", Azul.

He had an amused grin as if it was already in the bag that I'd lose already.

"I won't let you win!", Kalin.