Episode 1-24: An Unhinged Prefect!

~Previously~

"Cease immediately, Mr. Rosehearts!  Any further attempt to use magic will leave your magestone completely tainted with blot!", Crowley.

"But...  I'm right!  I'M the one who's right!  There is NO!  POSSIBLE!  ALTERNATIVE!", Riddle is about to explode.

"Riddle, stop!", Trey calls out to him with all his breath.

~~~~~~~~

And now......

Black ink fills to the climax, turning the magestone from core crimson to black as night, deeper than coal.  In doing so, Riddle began to transform with the black substance engulfing his very being, revealing....

~~~~~~~~

"A dark aura is flowing out of him!", it was horrifying seeing what he'd turn into.  Just seeing black ink surround him makes my chest tighten, it almost hurts enough for me to tremble at the sight.

"Heh heh heh...  AH HA HA HA!  You are fools to defy me!  You are not welcome in my world.  In my world, I am the law.  I am order made manifest!  The only response I will accept from you is "Yes, Housewarden Riddle."  All who defy me will lose their heads!  Ah ha ha ha ha!", Riddle's voice sounded like it was possessed by some alternate being, like Riddle's own shadow.

"Dear me, what have I done?  I've allowed a student to overblot in my presence!", Crowley.  "Overblot"?  What does that mean?!", Grim.  "Overblot is a dangerous condition that mages must avoid at all costs.  At the moment, he is overcome by negative energy, and has lost control of his magic and emotions.", Crowley.  "Okay, sure... but what does that mean?", Grim was still confused.  "Please explain!", Deuce as well.

*(!) Overblot...?  Just hearing that term makes my heart ache... (!)*

"To put in layman's terms, he's in evil berserker mode!", Cater volunteers.  "If he keeps releasing magical energy, we could be looking at a loss of life here- his included.", Trey continues.

"Uh, WHAT?!", Grim.

"The well-being of my students is my top priority.  Therefore, I must evacuate them immediately.  As for Mr. Rosehearts, we must restore his consciousness before his magical energy runs dry.  For as bad as losing him would be, there are scenarios that are far worse...  Listen well: I need all of you to seek help from the other housewardens and members of the faculty.", Crowley instructs.

*(!) Worse than losing him.... (!)*

Suddenly, dark thoughts started clouding my mind to what that could be, and I began to worry.

"Hiiiyah!  Take that!", Ace bursted out shouting.  Which is also what brought me back to reality after a few seconds in who knows where.

"Huh?!", Crowley, Trey and Cater were bewildered by what Ace was doing instead.

"I summon thee, cauldron!", Deuce joined after Ace.

"Myah?!", Grim summoned out his fire.

"What do you fools think you're doing?", Riddle.

Seeing them join together reminded me of what happened in the mine, and it made me realize what they were trying to do and what I must do as well.

"Um, hello?  What are you thinking?!", Cater.

"You DID hear that part about how reeeal bad things are happenin' with him, right?!", Grim turned to Cater to answer.  "That's why we need to stop him now!  I don't want that on my conscience!", Deuce.  "And I'm not givin' up til I hear him say "I was wrong and I'm sorry.", Ace.