Episode 3-8: A Baiting Duo!

"Is it just my imagination, or is someone looking a bit dour today?", Jade. They continue to stand over me with smiling faces.

"Oh, y'know, we're just coming to terms being ordered around by a trio of tyrants.", Ace.

"Aha ha! Isn't that cute? The sea anemone that breached its contract is talking! You guys know you're in no position to complain. So shut your traps.", Floyd. He went from happy and cheery to a threatening tone.

"Eeep! Not the squeeze!", Grim hid behind Deuce's shoulder.

"Allow me to clarify: I wasn't talking to the sea anemones. I was specifically addressing you... ...Kalin, prefect of Ramshackle Dorm.", Jade made himself comfortable by sitting at my right side cutting between me and Jack.

"Yes?!", Kalin. Without realizing it, I jumped back a little until I felt myself hit someone. When I turned to see who I bumped into, the nerves went up high.

"Awww, look at you, scurrying backwards like a shrimp afraid of being someone's lunch! And on that note... You're so teensy, I'ma call you "Little Shrimpy" from now on!", Floyd sat himself next to me before I realized it. Before I could move forward, he swiftly moved his arm around me like he's coddling a new toy he found.

"I think most students on campus would be small compared to you two...", Deuce. "Yeah, and having two guys this big standing together is a special kind of imposing.", Ace.

"I understand that you were playing little spy games with Riddle and others just recently, Kalin. You may know who we are already, but I've always been a stickler for formal introductions. I am Jade Leech, and this is my twin brother Floyd.", Jade got closer to shake my hand.

"Heya. I'm Floyd. Nice to meetcha, Little Shrimpy.", Floyd then gave a bit of a squeeze, where I could feel his chest to my back and my head ducked under his. His hold wasn't tight, but the nerves within me didn't let up since now I could feel my cheeks light up from the closeness.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Ace and Deuce looked intimidated by how the twins were acting with me. But I'm pretty sure they didn't want to say anything considering what the consequences would be for them later.

"Now, where was I? Ah, yes... Allow me to infer what troubles you, Kalin. Could your anxiety perhaps stem from these three anemone stooges?", Jade.

"Perhaps"? Listen to you, acting all coy.", Jack.

"What's your problem? You're as prickly as a sea urchin.", Floyd lightens his squeeze but still keeps his arm around me as he talks to Jack. I could see Jack didn't like how they were acting with me either.

"Wh-- I'm a WOLF, not a sea urchin!", Jack.

"If the source of your troubles does in fact lie with these sea anemones... ...I believe you would be well-served discussing the matter with Azul in person, Kalin.", Jade. Despite Jack being behind him, he still puts his attention to me as if he didn't say anything before.

"Huh?", Kalin.

"Wait, what?", Jack.

"You will find Azul to be as benevolent as the Sea Witch, one of the Great Seven. I have no doubt he would treat your misgivings with all due gravity.", Jade.

"Yeah! Azul's a real problem-solver. For example... He could set these sea anemones free if you asked him to.", Floyd lowered his head to talk directly to me.

"Really?!", the three on the other side of the table gasped.

"Absolutely. Just remember: you can't get something for nothing.", Jade.