Episode 2-7: Accident Suspicion!

At ramshackle dorm, I was in my room organizing things, while Grim was out in the lounge.

The stuff I was organizing was the photos I took over the past few days.  From starting our first day at school to yesterday's lunch room brawl.  But as I was looking through them, I noticed the photo batch of Riddle's whole overblot event and after.  It brought me back to when I got a glimpse of Riddle's childhood memories.  It made me wonder, was I able to see it because of the ghost camera?  Or was it something else at hand?

I only think this because two things occurred to me.  One, Crowley said depending on the relationship with the subject of the photo, I could potentially see the "soul" and the memory take shape into moving animation as clear as day.  Two, I thought the only thing that would come to live was the photo taken in present, not also the past.

It's only been a few days, but I don't think Riddle and I had a lot of time to connect really that close for me to see his past memories at best.  Unless it was also for the Heartslabyul group in general since Trey is his childhood friend.  So either the camera did the work for me despite the connection being so little beforehand, or another specialty is playing a part here that I'm unaware of as of yet.  

There was also the thing that I had tears falling down my face without realizing it, and it wasn't just droplets, it felt a little more than that.  I think this because it happened either during or after seeing his past.  There was also the time I felt my cheeks a bit wet after my arrival.  Only enough that it slightly smudged my makeup, but it wasn't noticeable until I looked closer in the bathroom mirror.

Yes, seeing his past was more sad than I thought it would be since hearing it from Trey.  But I didn't think I would cry for him that hard.  And why was it that someone had to point out my tears to me, and I couldn't tell for myself.  Almost like I was in a trance of some sort, it's the only thing I could think of as an explanation.

"Thinking hard, are we?", a voice broke my train of thought. 

"Ahhh!", it gave me a jump scare.  When I turn to see who it was, it was one of the ghosts floating behind me.  More specifically, it was the third ghost who was more narrower then the other two.

"Heheh.  You keep thinking like that, you might lose your head.  Heh heh heh.", Ghost C.

*(!) ...Yeah, bad pun there. (!)*

The ghost then peered over to see the pile of photos I was over seeing.  "Looking through memory lane, are we?", Ghost C.

"Uuhh, yeah...  Sort of.", Kalin.  Putting the photos away for a break from my questions, it occurred to me that I don't have anywhere or anything to put my photos in, other than a small makeshift box I found on the floor.

"Say, do you think in that trunk you showed me in the room, there is like a photo album or something to hold my photos?", I ask the ghost.  "Hmm, I'm not so sure.  Nor am I sure if there's anything like that in the dorm.", Ghost C.  "I see, then.", Kalin.

*(!) Guess I'll drop by Mr. Sam's shop later today to see if he has anything, then. *(!)

"Man...  If I can't be in the Magift tournament, then what's even the point anymore?", I can over hear Grim groaning downstairs in the lounge.

I came out of the room, and observing from the stairway, I could see Grim mulling over his disappointment on the floor.

"You're still not over that?", Kalin.  As I say that, I see the three ghosts, including the one that was with me in the other room go to Grim's side.

"What's wrong, Grimmy?  Something got ya down?", Ghost A.  "He's sulking because he can't play in the Magift tournament.", Ghost B.  "If you wanna play Magift that badly, why, we can play with ya!  I was the team captian ninety years ago, y'know.  The girls in the stands couldn't get enough of me!", Ghost C.