Episode 4-23: A Show of Benevolence!

Despite Jamil trying to stop Azul from approaching Kalim, Azul was too quick for him.  As he did, the twins and I caught up and watched how this was going to go.

"Oh, hey, Azul.  What brings you to our dorm?", Kalim.

"Hello there.  It's nice to see you, Kalim.  Goodness me!  Scarabia never fails to impress every time I visit.  It's a veritable winter wonderland outside, yet in here, the sun's so hot that it might as well be midsummer.  You would have vacationers coming in droves if you opened up a resort here.  It's an ideal location.", Azul.

"You don't say?  I don't really have the savvy for business stuff, but thanks for the kind words!", Kalim.

"At any rate, I'm here today because I caught your magic carpet.  I'd like to return it to you.", Azul.

"Really?  It ran off again?  I'm sorry you had to deal with that.", Kalim.

"Oh, it's no bother at all.  By the way, is Scarabia having holidays in the dorm this year?", Azul.

"Yes, that's right.  Is Octavinelle doing the same?", Kalim.

"Why, yes!  Fancy that!  In fact, what say we take this opportunity to improve relations between our dorms?", Azul.

"Wha...?!", Jamil.

"It seems there are many things to be learned from Scarabia's unique studying style that was apparently adopted this winter.", Azul.

"That's right!  I would be positively honored to host Octavinelle's housewarden here in our dorm.", Kalim.  "...Kalim, I recommend against this.", Jamil.  "Aw, why?", Kalim.  "The whole point of our current training regimen is to catch up to the other dorms.  If we invite the housewarden of one of those other dorms to join us, we're showing the enemy our hand.", Jamil.  "Oh, please.  He's hardly an enemy.  Besides, didn't you invite the Ramshackle residents?", Kalim.  "Well, er...  Yes...  Look, Azul.  I'm saying this for your own good.", Jamil.

"You're absolutely right, Jamil.  Other dorms are always going to be, on some level, our rivals in the grade standings.  I'm afraid we'd best take our leave, boys.  Kalim, Jamil, best of luck with your training.", Azul.

"*Sigh*  Back to spending yet another holiday stuck indoors in the dead of winter, just the three of us.  It's unavoidable, I suppose...", Azul.  "And after we worked so hard to capture that magic carpet and bring it back...", Jade.  "And it made a huge mess outta the Mostro Lounge in the process...", Floyd.

"*SIIIGH*  Alas...", Azul, Jade, and Floyd.

"Layin' on the guilt trip a little thick there, don't ya think?!", Grim.  "It's as you said before, there pushy when they wanna be.", Kalin.

"Not so fast!", Kalim.  "*Sigh*  Here we go...", Jamil.

"Azul is one of the top magicians in our whole school.  I think Scarabia would benefit greatly from having him over!  Besides, turning away esteemed guests out of hand would bring shame upon the Asim family name.", Kalim.

"Why, Kalim!  What a kind and generous soul you are!  Naturally, I would be more than happy to share any insights I have with you.", Azul.  "The two of us will be happy to assist with cooking and cleaning.", Jade.  "Yeah!  We do it at the lounge anyway, so we're pretty good at it.", Floyd.

"That would be great!  And it would ease Jamil's workload.", Kalim.  "I don't NEED any help...  Ugh, forget it.  You're not listening to a word I say.", Jamil.  "All right, let's get ourselves ready for some special training!  It's your dorm versus ours.  Put your things away and come to the courtyard.", Kalim.