Episode 3-28: Return of the Morays!

"...And I just loved that story my Grandma read me about a human prince and a mermaid princess.", Ace.  "They made a movie out of that, you know.  I saw it with my girlfriend when I was younger!  That was about thirty years ago.  No matter how many times I see it, that scene of the princess hugging her father gets me every time.", Mermaid Guard A.  "I know, right?!  That's, like, THE scene!", Ace.  "I'm surprised a kid your age has even watched it.", Mermaid Guard A.  "Oh, my brother's a huge movie buff.  That flick's top-tier.  Soundtrack's legendary, too.  Oh yeah, speaking of which-- is it true that all merfolk are good singers?", Ace.  "Oh, far from it.  That's an old urban legend.  One of my own classmates is so tone-deaf, their singing is like nails on a rockboard.", Mermaid Guard A.

"Ace is still goin' strong!", Grim.  "I'm impressed he can carry on a conversation with a complete stranger for so long.", Deuce.  "We got what we came for.  We need to go, pronto.", Jack.

I signaled to Ace by waving my hand to him, and it took him a minute to notice.

"Ah, look at the time.  I think I'd better get going.", Ace.  "Aw, are you sure?  Seeing as you're such a big merfolk fan and all, I wouldn't mind giving you a little sneak peek at the museum while it's closed.", Mermaid Guard A.  "Nah.  That'd be cheating, and cheaters never prosper.  I'll be sure to check the museum hours before I mosey down here again.  Later, man!", Ace.  "Feel free to come back anytime!  It's not every day you meet a nice young fellow like that.", Mermaid Guard A.

~~~~~~~~

"So, how'd it go on your end?", Ace.  "Photo acquired!  Myeh heh heh.  Couldn't have been easier.", Grim.  "Great.  Let's head back to campus, then.", Ace.  "Right.  I can't wait to shove this picture right in Azul's smug face.", Deuce.  "Wait.", Jack.

The two long familiar shadows made their approach from behind the rocks before us.

"I've got a bad feeling about this...", Kalin.

*(!) But it's ok, we're not out of time yet. (!)*

"Theeere you are, Little Shrimpy.", Floyd.  "Greetings, everyone.  I see you've already forgotten your previous lesson and decided to try your luck in the deep again.", Jade.

"It's the moray brothers!", Jack.

"You appear to have gotten ahold of the photo.", Jade.  "Nice, niiice!  That's real smooth.  But we wouldn't want you bringing it back so soon.  Why don't we play a game of tag until sunset?", Floyd.

"Typical.  I knew we wouldn't make it home without a fight.  Lemme guess: your plan is to stall us in the water until sunset, then beat us up and snatch the goods.  Then you'd get the photos AND you wouldn't have to take these anemones off!", Ace.

"Heh heh heh...  Using minimal labor to achieve maximum profit is just good business sense.", Jade.

"Wh--  You guys really are crooked to the core!", Jack.  "Well, Kalin?  What's your call?", Ace looks to me.  "Knowing you, there's no way you came this far without accounting for them.", Deuce.

"Just keep the photo safe!", Kalin.

"Okay.  Simple enough.  I don't know how long I'll last without my magic, but...", Deuce.  "We've come this far.  We don't have any other choice!", Jack.  "I know you guys can do it, even without your best magic in hand.", Kalin.  

Ace and Deuce felt more confident in themselves after hearing my words of encouragement.  I then look to the twins who were ready for us at any time with excited smiles.

But little did they know...  ...I was counting on them to show up.  With that in mind, I made a little hidden smirk of my own.

Floyd and Jade came at us, and I try to make the first counter.

"Ace, use your water magic!  Deuce, use cosmic!", Kalin.

Ace and Deuce went ahead, Ace started first with his water attack against Floyd's fire magic.  The fire magic made a hit but wasn't effective luckily.  Deuce was next with his cosmic magic against Jade's water magic attack.  It made an impact against Jade, but it didn't stop him from making decent water attacks on Deuce.

"Grim, use your cosmic magic, and Jack, use your wind magic!", Kalin.

"Right!", Jack and Grim.

Grim and Jack went against Jade who solo for this round.  Grim made the first leap, and Jade hit him off with two water attacks.  Grim was affected a bit but he still made his cosmic attack in the end.  Jade was weakened by it, but it wasn't over yet as Jack stepped in to use his wind magic.  Jade, however, still made his attempt with his water magic.  But when he did, Jack countered hard with two strong wind attacks.

"Ace, use your wind magic!  Grim, use cosmic again!", Kalin.

Floyd stepped in with Jade this time.  Ace went against Jade, and even though his basic wind magic now isn't as strong as his signature wind magic, he still put in his effort to pull through.  It was effective, but Jade was still able to get in a couple hits of water attacks.  Grim, going against Floyd, using two cosmic attacks weakened Floyd, but Floyd responded with fire magic that made decent amount of damage.  Grim stood strong though since he isn't as vulnerable to fire magic.

"Jack, go for it, with fire and water!", Kalin.

Jack went ahead and went against Floyd one on one.  Floyd made his move and his fire magic was strong, but Jack's last fire magic was stronger.  Pushing Floyd back quite a bit, but instead of being frustrated, Floyd was more excited as the battle was heating up.

*(!) This might take awhile. (!)*