Episode 3-34: Back in an Octopus Pot!

The past memories of Azul Ashengrotto is revealed...

Shedding light on his past misfortunes that would lead to his present self...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Azul's Past~

"The only place I ever belonged was inside an octopus pot.", Azul

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Frazzled Azul, ink-spewer!", Merchild A.  "Aw, you gonna cry?  Why don't you use one of your eight legs to wipe those tears away?", Merchild B.

"C-cut it out...  Why are you being so mean to me?", Child Azul.

"Run for it, quick!  He's gonna ink us!", Merchild A.  "Aha ha ha!  He couldn't keep up with us if he tried.", Merchild B.

"*Sniff* *sob*", Child Azul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unlike other merfolk, I have lots of feet with suction cups.  I'm an introvert, and I never assert myself.  I'm hopeless in both studies and athletics.  I'm always alone.  A silly little octo-twerp.", Azul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The water gets all cloudy when he's around.  He spews ink every time he cries!", Merchild A.  "He's always the first to get caught when we play tag.  Playing with him is just boring.", Merchild B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, is that a fact?  In that case, leave me alone.  Keep running around in your little circles.  Enjoy your utterly unproductive games!  I have no tailfin to let me swim quickly.  What I DO have are ten limbs I can freely control.  I'll just transcribe five times as many grimoires as people with merely two arms.  I can generate my own ink for inscribing magic circles.  Just you wait.  One of these days...  I'll show every last one of you airheaded merfolk!", Azul.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heya, Octy.  Whatcha doin' all crammed in that teeny little octopus pot?", Child Floyd.

"Shut up.  Just leave me alone.", Azul.

"Wow.  There are spells and magic circles drawn all over every shell here.  A spell to change species, a spell to steal someone's voice...  Have you been doing grimoire research with all eight of your tentacles this whole time?", Child Jade.

"Don't touch any of it!  You're asking for an inking!  I'm gonna study harder, and become as powerful as the Sea Witch herself!  So go away and stop bothering me!", Child Azul.

"Octy here's pretty funny, Jade.", Child Floyd.  "I agree, Floyd.  He's quite fascinating.", Child Jade.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then, after spending years studying everything I could get my hands on...", Azul.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hear one merman in the class next door suddenly got a girlfriend!", Middle School Floyd.  "Yes, and I hear that in return, his fine tenor voice now sounds more like a honking seal.", Middle School Jade.

"Is that right?", Middle School Azul.

"I've also heard that someone got the silky-smooth, gorgeous locks they've always wanted.", Middle School Jade.  "But the tradeoff was that they lost the big tailfin they used to dart through the water.", Middle School Floyd.

"Uh-huh.  I see.", Middle School Azul.

"Fascinating work, Azul.  Assuming that WAS your doing, I mean.", Middle School Jade.

"And why would you say that?", Middle School Azul.

"These foolish minnows couldn't hope to use such powerful magic.", Middle School Jade.  "But you've been brushin' up since you were knee-high to a guppy, Octy!", Middle School Floyd.

"...Heh.  Heh heh...  Heh heh heh!  HA HA HA!  Yes, I see.  I wasn't expecting the jig to be up quite so soon.", Middle School Azul.

"So, is this what we think it is?", Middle School Floyd.

"Yes, that's right.  I've finally perfected it.  See this magic-infused contract scroll?  I can take any power from someone, so long as they sign it.  I call it, "It's a Deal"!  This is the spell I'll use to show them all who's boss!  Your fortes will all belong to me!  Aha ha ha...  AAAH HA HA HA!!!", Middle School Azul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I never forgot for a second.  The sight of those who mocked me.  Those who bullied me.  I've observed them for many moons.  Now I have their weakness, their insecurities...  I have it all!  Once I know what foils him, I can take the tailfin of a fast swimmer.  Once I know what troubles him, I can even take the voice of an adept singer.  As long as I have this contract scroll, I am invincible!  I'm not the same silly, lonely little octopus I used to be.  With this power, I will rule over all.  I'll make everyone who ever mocked me quaver and beg for mercy.", Azul.

~~~~~Azul's Past End~~~~~~

In the darkness, the past was explained. But the pain was still there holding on all these years. Only can they make it go away.... by seeing his true worth and letting go of the past.