Episode 4-9: Sailing in the Skies!

"Th-the carpet's movin' all on its own!  It's been possessed by a ghost!", Grim.

Grim darted and leapt unto my back, hiding behind my right shoulder.

"Ah, there you are!  Go back over and curl up in your usual spot, would you?", Kalim.

"What in the world is this?!", Grim.

"This is a legendary treasure from Scalding Sands lore-- a magic carpet!", Kalim.

The carpet then flew closer to me from Kalim and gave a gesture of greeting with one of it's tassels.  I offered my hand and it then proceeded to shake it.  Grim climbed up my shoulder to cautiously get a closer look.

"The sultan that the Sorcerer of the Sands served used to love his flying carpet.  This one's a replica of it.  It's been in our family for generations.", Kalim.

"*nod nod*", Carpet.

"You mean that carpet flies around like a broom?", Grim.

"More or less.  That's probably the easiest way to put it.  It's getting dark, so why don't we go out for an evening ride in style?  Come along, all aboard!", Kalim.

He then climbed up on the carpet, and the carpet looked like it was ready to fly off any second.

"Really?  Are you sure I won't fall off that thing?", Grim.

"It's totally safe!  Trust me.", Kalim.

Kalim then offered out his hand to me.

*(!) Wait... I've seen this before, this is like in the dream with Kalim but slightly different. (!)*

After that thought, I took his hand, and he helped me up on the carpet.  Grim quickly hopped on and sat next to me.  After we set ourselves in...

"And away we go!", Kalim.

And just like that, we were flying out of the dorm faster than I could comprehend what is happening.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Kalim was leading the carpet higher and higher in the sky, I felt myself feel off-balance and I instantly grab a hold of Kalim before pushing through the clouds.

"Aaaah!  We're really flyin'!  This is crazy high up!  Look how teeny the dorm looks from up here.", Grim.

"How do you like the world above the clouds?", Kalim.

"It's like a whole new world...  Like an endless diamond sky.", Kalin.

*(!) I could wonder around here for a lifetime, seeing how vast and open it is. (!)*

"Aha ha!  That good, huh?", Kalim.

Then I realize that I'm still holding unto Kalim's shoulders from behind and being so close, and I let go giving space between us.

"I-I'm sorry.", Kalin.

"Ha ha!  Don't be shy, it's alright to hang on when flying on a magic carpet.", Kalim.

He then put my hand back on his shoulder reassuring that it's fine.

"This totally rules!", Grim.

For someone who was scared to ride on the carpet, he got over it quickly.  Heights wasn't really a problem as it was how fast Kalim drove this thing.  But it's definitely cooler now at night compared to the hot afternoon.

"There's nothing quite like soaring through the sky.  It shows you how little all your troubles really matter in the grand scheme of things.  Of course, Jamil always says I don't worry enough about things as it is...  It wouldn't hurt him to take life a little easier.", Kalim.

"......", Kalin.

As I look up to the same stars Kalim was staring at, I did begin to feel at ease.  Almost as if what's been going on in my dreams was just a dream to forget about.

"Mrow!  Check out that river over there!  I ain't never seen a bird like that before!", Grim.

"Ooh, good eye.  Let's go take a closer look!  Better hang on, Kalin.", Kalim.

"Alright.", Kalin.

I was still shy about the approach, but I reached my arm around his chest while holding his shoulder with the other one, holding myself to his back.  And good thing I did too because before I knew it, Kalim took a deep dive down towards the river.