Episode 4-29: Setting the Bait!

"Yes!  I think I managed to memorize a spell I was having trouble with!", Kalim.  "......", Jamil.

This was also a chance for me and Grim to get our assignments done since we didn't get a chance to start.  Although getting Grim to focus on his part was more difficult than the assignment as he just went and ate more then he looked at it.  But other than that, it was easy to focus on as trying not to worry about other things.

It may look cheery from the outside, but seeing as how Jamil was still silent it felt like the tension would start to grow in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We then moved to the courtyard after doing a good portion of studying.

"Proper exercise is critical to honing a more efficient mind for study.  However, overstraining yourself will have an adverse effect.", Azul.  "Mock battles are a good way to exercise while venting stress.", Jade.  "Aha ha!  I'm in the mood to cut loose, so count me in!  Hmmm, who to fight?", Floyd.

"All right, split into teams of five and let the melee begin!", Kalim.

Unlike yesterday, the mock battles today were easier to command through.  But to be on the safe side, Azul and Jade strongly advised me to go under the shade if I start to feel too hot again.

"Aha ha!  Mock battles really are fun.  And they're a great way to gauge the results of your training.", Kalim.

"Yes, Housewarden!", Scarabia Students.

"*Sigh*", Jamil.

Jamil was still silent and gave the occasional sighs as things went along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that, we moved to the cafeteria kitchen.

"There's one main reason we've grown as well as we have.  And that would be... our diet, of course!  It's about getting the nutrients you need-- not too many and not too few.  This helps your afternoon performance.", Azul.  "Cooking is an essential life skill for gaining an understanding of food and developing a healthy diet.", Jade.

"Maybe I should start cooking every now and then...  I wouldn't have to worry about poison if I prepared meals myself.", Kalim.  "Don't.  You'll injure yourself again.", Jamil.

"Okay, Sea Otter.  You're in charge of stirrin' the pot.", Floyd.  "Keep an eye on that soup and make sure it doesn't boil over, would you?", Jade.

"Sure thing!  Glad to help.", Kalim.

"All right, everyone.  Let's make this a meal to remember.", Jade.

"Yes, sir!", Scarabia Students.

Everyone then went to their stations and did their part to make the meal.  Azul then told me I was to prepare the ingredients by washing them.

"Okay, I'm going to make the best-tasting soup ever!", Kalim.  "I worry about having you cook on your own.  I'll help.", Jamil.

"No need to fret, Jamil.  We will aid him.", Azul.  "You just sit back and relax.", Jade.

"Fine...", Jamil.

As they guided Kalim through the process, I would be given different ingredients to wash over and pass along.  Even though he was stirring the pot, Azul and the twins would tell Kalim certain steps about cooking as Jamil watched.

"Scalding Sands cuisine is delicious.  Perhaps we should add some to our menu.  Though it might be difficult to procure their ingredients and learn to cook them properly.", Azul.