Episode 1-14: Delicious Varieties!

"Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and...", Trey.  "Finished!", Ace and Grim.  "Fi...ished...", Deuce.  "Did something happen to him while you were shopping?", Ace looked to me.  "Let's just say he's still in shock about what he learned about chicks.", Kalin.  Ace looked more confused, but he just let it be and moved on.  "For sixteen years, I was so sure...", Deuce speaking to himself.  "Yeah, whatever.  I'm pretty beat.  Making tarts sure takes it outta you.", Ace.

"Hey, good work~  You look wrecked.  Are the tarts done?  Ooh, those look sooo cute!  Lemme snap a quick pic for Magicam!", Cater comes in.  "What, NOW you decide to show up?", Ace.  "I just came to see how hard my cute underclassmen were working.", Cater.  "It's tough work if you're not used to it.  But there's no better cure for the ails fatigue than something sweet from the oven!  Help yourself to some of this tart.", Trey.  "YAY!", we cheered.  "Pretty funny how you managed to show right when it was ready to eat, Cater.", Ace.  "Heh heh.  Someone's gotta be the official taster!", Cater.  "Mmmm...  That smells so good...  Glossy chestnuts on top, fluffy cream below...  I can't wait another second, I'm going in!", Grim took the first bite.  "Oh, dang... ", Ace took a bite.  "Yuuum!  So good!", Cater.  "This is like something from a fancy bakery.", Deuce.  "Rich in flavor, yet not too sweet...  It's like chestnuts are dancing across my tongue!", Grim.  "Is that... a good thing?", Trey.  "Oh, Trey!  You gotta do the thing.", Cater.  "The thing?  Oh...  That.", Trey.

"Uh, wanna fill me in here?", Ace.  "What's everyone's favorite food?", Treys asks us all.  "Me?  Probably cheery pie.  Or hamburgers.", Ace.  "Canned tuna's at the top of my list.  Then maybe cheese omelets, roast meat, pudding...", Grim.  "If I had to pick, I guess I'd say... omelet rice?", Deuce.  "I like a nice lamb chop with diablo sauce.", Cater.  "I like peaches.", Kalin.  "All right, you've got it...  Doodle Suit!", Trey sets magic over the tarts, almost like he's sprinkling a new seasoning.

"Huh?  What does that mean?", Deuce.  "Take another bite of you tart and see.", Trey.  "Huh?  How--  Now it tastes like cherry pie!", Ace had bewilderment in his eyes.  "It's just like canned tuna!  *munch* *munch*  Now it tastes like a cheese omelet!  And grilled meat!  *munch* *munch*  And pudding!", Grim was thrilled with the mix of flavors.  "It's so good... and it's so creamy.", it felt like it melted in my mouth.  "Neat trick, eh?  That's gotta be a hit when Trey's having tea with the ladies.", Cater.  "It's very impressive.  Is changing flavors your unique magic, Trey?", Deuce.  "Technically, it's "overwriting characteristics."  I can change taste, color, smell, whatever.  It only lasts for a little while.  But it is kinda like covering up the real thing hence, "doodle.", Trey.  "If I had magic like that, I could be eatin' canned tuna every meal of every day!  That's way better than Riddle's stupid collar magic!", Grim.  "Oh, that's in a whole other league.  His unigue magic is a weapon.  Mine's just childish prestidigitation.  Speaking of Riddle-- it's too late to give him these now.  Let's call it a day and do it tomorrow.  Don't forget that tomorrow's the unbirthday party.  You don't want to be late.", Trey.  

"Kalin, can I crash with you again?  It doesn't look like I'll be allowed back in my own dorm tonight.", Ace looked to me.  "Again, seriously?", Cater.  

*(!) I guess it can't be helped if it's just Ace. (!)*

"It isn't right to keep mooching off of Kalin, Ace.", Deuce.  "Yeah, it ain't!  If you wanna stay tonight, you gotta pay for the privilege!  Ten cans of tuna!", Grim.  "What!?  Guess I'm sleeping outside, then.", Ace.  "Why don't you go and stay at Kalin's dorm too, Deuce, so you can keep an eye on him?  As vice housewarden, I can issue you a sleepover pass.", Trey.

*(!) Eehh!?  Deuce too!? (!)*

"That's our Trey, always spoiling the newbies.  What fun for you.  Ooh, maybe I'll come too!  What do you say, Kalin?", Cater wrapped his arm around my shoulder asking me.  "No pass for you.", Trey.  "Aww.  Bringin' me down.", Cater.  "Sorry to dump them all on you, Kalin.  At least it's just for tonight.", Trey.  "It's no problem.", Kalin.

*(!) I'll just try to lay low since two boys are sleeping over... (!)*

"Tomorrow's the unbirthday party.  Finally, I'm gonna get rid of this stupid collar!  Just you wait, Riddle!", Ace.

~~~~~~Heartslabyul Dorm ~ Lounge ~~~~~~~~~

"Trey! Cater!  You're finally back!  We've been looking everywhere for you!", Heartslabyul student.  "What happened?", Trey.  "Ten dorm members were caught violating rule 256...  "No drinking honey-sweetened lemonade after 8 p.m."  Housewarden Riddle collared them all!", Heartslabyul student.  "......", Trey and Cater.  "I can't take it anymore!  I can't live like this!  Everything we do violates some insane rule!  I want to transfer to another dorm...  *Sob*", Heartslabyul student.  

"It'll be okay.  We'll go talk to the housewarden.  You go back to your room.", Trey.  "*Sigh*...  Guess I'd better go make some tea to try to win favor with the Queen.", Cater.  "Thanks, Cater.", Trey.  "Oh, but make sure it's herbal tea, not black.  You know what rule 153 says about drinking tea at night.", Trey.  "...Will do, okay.", Cater.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime before going to bed, a feeling of uneasiness crowded in my chest.  Like something was going to happen and it wasn't going to be lightly... 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Black ink drops starts to fill....

~~~~~~~~~~