Episode 1-21: A Duel Ill-Advised!

~Another set of dreams are laid upon this night before the big event~

~~~~~Kalin's Dream~~~~~~

Kalin was at one of Unbirthday Parties, but this one was different.  It was happy and fun for everyone.  She was sitting at the main table, next to someone of crimson hair in an outfit of white, black and red.  Even as he was sitting, he had a smile indicating he was enjoying himself.  This made Kalin happy knowing he was the same.  She caught his attention when he turned her way.  As he was smiling, his face expression changed when he noticed something.  He reaches his hand out to Kalin.  She didn't know what he was reaching for, she assumed for one of the sweets closer to her side of the table.  Kalin then felt a soft touch on her head, a hand stroking her head.  When Kalin turned her head to see, he was standing next her.  Kalin looked up to see his face, but the sun was so bright she could hardly see the figure standing over her, hand still on her head.  And as she was about to see his face....

*Flash*

The dream came to sudden end and descended onto another....

~~~~~~~~~~

"Another strange Dream?"

"And as for you, Your Majesty...  "Your Majesty," indeed!", a voice of a girl was heard.  The same blonde girl named Alice was speaking.  It looked like she was on a stand.

"Why, you're not a queen.  You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old ty...tyrant...", it looked Alice was speaking against the Queen of Hearts.

"Mmhmmhmmhmmhmm...  What were you saying , my dear?", the Queen of Hearts completely ignored or didn't catch what she said.

"Well, she simply said that you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant!  Hahahaha!", out of nowhere, a pink-striped cat appeared on top of the Queen's head repeating what Alice said.

"OOOOOOOOOFF with her head!", the Queen screamed out her order against Alice.

"Ooooooooh!", the card soldiers started to gather over Alice.

"You heard what Her Majesty said!  Off with her head!", another voice was heard, encouraging the soldiers' to follow her Highness's orders.  It sounds like the King of Hearts.  Soon the gathered soldier cards were falling on top of Alice.

Then the dream ends in black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*(!) Why won't anyone stop the queen? (!)*

Her last thoughts before waking up.

"Hey, Kalin!  Ah, good, you're already up.", Grim.  "Today's the big duel!  Let's DO this thing.", Ace.

First thing I see when waking up was seeing Grim and Ace next to my bed waiting for me to wake up.  I was so lucky I just wear a plain white t-shirt and  black shorts for sleep wear that they don't easily find out my gender.  But that just means if there gonna come in here as they please without notice, I'll have to be more on guard about my secret.

~~~~~Heartslabyul - Rose Tree Garden~~~~~~

"Did you hear?  They say someone's challenged Housewarden Rosehearts to a duel!", one of the Heartslabyul students.  "Riddle Rosehearts?  Seriously?!  Whoever it is has gonna be outta his mind.  Riddle will have his head off in five seconds flat.", Heartslabyul student B.  "Still, it's the first challenge since Rosehearts took power.  I'm pumped!", Heartslabyul student C.

"You're saying Ace and Deuce are challenging Riddle for the housewarden's seat?!  Please tell me you're kidding.", Cater.  "I tried to stop 'em.", Trey.  "Of all the stupid ideas...  I just hope this doesn't make everything worse.", Cater.  "You and me both.", Trey.

"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House.  The first challenger is Ace Trappola.  The second challenger is Deuce Spade.  The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts.  Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic-sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage.", Crowley.

*magic undone*

"Ah!  FINALLY, the dumb collar is off!", Ace.

"Enjoy your moment of freedom.  The collar will be back on soon enough.  I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me.  Is this a joke?", Riddle.

"Do I look like I'm joking?", Ace.  "I'd never propose a duel as a joke.", Deuce.

"Hmph.  Have it your way.  Let us get this over with.", Riddle.  "Uh, Riddle, what do you want to do about today's afternoon tea?", Cater.  "A foolish question.  You know that the rules stipulate I take my tea everyday at 4 p.m. sharp.", Riddle.  "It's just that it's already past 3:30...", Cater.  "And you fear that I will be late?  All the more reason to end this promptly.  It appears I have little time to waste.  Rather than facing my opponents in succession, I will take on both at once.", Riddle.

"You can do it, Housewarden!  Knock 'em dead, sir!", the dorm students cheer for Riddle.

"......", Trey.  He looked conflicted about the situation at hand, but I don't blame him.  From his position, it's definitely difficult to pick sides. 

"Cowards.", Deuce.  "Myah.  I got a bad feelin' about this.", Grim.  "Hey, at least we got a plan!", Ace.

"Headmage, please give us the signal.", Riddle.

"When the mirror I've thrown shatters upon the ground, that is your signal to begin.  Ready...  Go!", Crowley.

But the minute it started took an unexpected turn.... I think.